Dreadlocks Forums

how natural dreads have changed much more than my hair

baby britt
@baby-britt
13 years ago
112 posts

vibe on, brother =)

BKsensiUrWay said:

i completely agree! i hadn't heard anything about the sixth sense theory involving dreads and the nervous system, but i can honestly say having heard of someone else having similar experiences is startling. i have been feeling many 'vibes' is the most loose term i can place them under. and i wouldn't go so far as to say prophetic, but very interestingly formatted dreams that line up with real life experiences after said dreams in a strange/thought invoking way..

updated by @baby-britt: 07/23/15 03:27:42PM
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
13 years ago
2,702 posts

Sorry, this isn't quite about this topic, but I have to say it, we've been in the age of aquarius for some time now. like over 100 years.

I don't want to get into politics either.

As for this black soap, what is it that makes it so great? I read about it on one site that said it was like a mud soap? Is that right? It sounded great. I've been using Dr. B's for so long, but I am willing to try a new soap.

I used to studyRastafarianism. I stopped cause one god wasn't enough fr my beliefs. But I did hear one great explanation for locks there. The longer and thicker your locks are, the easier it would be for god to pick up you soul when you died. I just thought that was so beautiful. I picture anetherealghostly spirit being picked up by it's locks

baby britt
@baby-britt
13 years ago
112 posts

black soap is made from the ashes of a certain type of tree, i can't remember which. but it doesn't have any saponifying agents in it. it's not good for my baby locks because it's so conditioning, so i don't use it on my hair anymore. i used to use it on my face and it worked WONDERS but i've since switched to another type of natural soap for my face haha. i only use dr b's for the rest of me.

i'm not too into the rasta thing either, but that is a very beautiful image =)

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
13 years ago
2,702 posts

Isn't it. When I first started my locks, years ago, I was in the midst of stopping getting high and decided to look into Rasta. It seemed interesting. But as I got deeper in, I realized that it was too much like christianity without all the random meaningless interpretations. It followed the red words in the bible. But my beliefs revolve too much around nature and science. (self proclaimed molecular spiritualist, but notBuddhist. Although I love that religion too).

Is that black soap good for older locks? Mine are over 5 years now. I've never used anything with conditioner in them for obvious reasons.

baby britt
@baby-britt
13 years ago
112 posts

yes, it would be great for older locks. many people on this site who have mature dreadies swear by it. you could probably find it at your typical mall african store, that's where i got mine. it's also available on the internet. just make just it looks like a hunk of something nasty, don't buy the kind in the bar because that has unnatural things in it. it should look like crap almost and smell sorta like cardboard. but when it lathers up it smells really nice!

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
13 years ago
2,702 posts

sweet. I'll look into it. I just saw apicture, and yeah it does kind of look like crap. lol

there's a six pack for $20. is that about right?

baby britt
@baby-britt
13 years ago
112 posts

sure, i got a tub of it that lasted me longer than 7 months for only $3

Zero
@zero
12 years ago
37 posts

the idea that hair was like an extension of the central nervous system intrigued me so i googled around and found this cool story

i've heard all my life that our hair is dead who knows if this story is true but it could be

http://www.rense.com/general95/hair.htm

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

hair technicaly is dead cells

but

hair folicules are coinnected to the nervouse system and sense unseen dangers alerting you to things your not so aware of hair standing on end is an example

but although hair is techniucaly dead cells it still contains a chemical record of all your lifes experiences and has a measurable energy like your aura

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

/ 3
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form