Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

my first comment and it wasn't nice:(

Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts

thanks, redflag ru:) welcome to the site!

RedFlag Ru said:

Wow love im sorry ppl r so stupid

I love when i see ppl with lockz any kolor evn more now that im starting mine =)

I hope ill get hlp from all of u guyz

I havnt evn Been on that long and im in love with all of you on here lol. Dnt pay those kinda ppl any mind single minded nd lost to the world around them

updated by @heather: 07/18/15 08:42:51AM
Hayden Lacey
@hayden-lacey
13 years ago
6 posts

Be the bigger person just like you were and ignore them. There is no sense in engaging a fool all it would end up as it making two fools rather than letting one be as they are. Remember this, you shouldn't care about what people think about you or your self image nor should you let what they say affect you, just be confident and happy in yourself.

Peace be split.

Azaria Gamble
@azaria-gamble
13 years ago
1 posts
I'm black and I love seeing white dreads, Hispanic dreads, Asian dreads, hell I love all dreads. Some black people are ignorant toward anyone that isn't black with dreads. They don't understand that its more than a hairstyle. The best advice is to just let it go and walk with pride. Let the dreads fly.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

id like to correct that slightly

some ppl are ignorant towards any people with anything

theyre ignorance just cayuses them to seek out something to prove their ignorance towards

this could be skin color hairstyle the way you dreass how tall you are how thin or heavy your sexuality your accent religion country of origion it dont matter an ignorant person will always find a way to show their ignorance

it dont matter who you are or what you do

Azaria Gamble said:

I'm black and I love seeing white dreads, Hispanic dreads, Asian dreads, hell I love all dreads. Some black people are ignorant toward anyone that isn't black with dreads. They don't understand that its more than a hairstyle. The best advice is to just let it go and walk with pride. Let the dreads fly.

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Johnny Barnas
@johnny-barnas
13 years ago
45 posts

well hey, if it makes you feel any better, I had a whole deli of crazy old Italian people laughing at me thinking my dreads were a wig!!!

Dont let people get to you. Almost all of the time the only reason people say anything is because they are jelous, and I have seen your locs and hot damn im even jelous!!!

Ive learned to laugh at any sort of insult like soaring eagle is suggesting. Because when you laugh and dont let it phase you, they lose. Totally.

Love to your dreads and respect to not having to say anything back to somebody mean, because Im the same way!!! It takes me about 5 minutes till im shoooot i should have said this! But by then it doesnt matter and Im laughing at how i cant make comebacks for sh*t

Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts

thanks so much, ellyn:) i really wish that there were more open-minded/free thinking people in my area. unfortunately, i'm sure that isn't going to be the last rude comment i will encounter. i just need to develop a thicker skin and learn to laugh it off. i think once my hair starts to really look like dreadlocks then i'll have more confidence.

Ellyn Hodges said:

Dear heather, your dreads are so beautiful and unique! I love them. There is something so beautiful about natural and organic dreads. Although they don't look uniform and perfect, they are the most intense and inspiring form of dreads because they are allowed to be free and take on a life of their own. It takes a special person to have the patience and the freedom to grow natural dreads. I am just beginning my dread journey but I get so much inspiration just looking at your photos:) keep on being unique and free and don't worry about what anyone else says or thinks. Some people are so harsh but it is only because they are hurting or unhappy on the inside. Know that you are beauutiful andthat your hair is a reflection of the beauty within. And never let mean words bring you down. Just smile at the person and be kind, because.kindness will always overcome a mean spirit. Peace and love.
xEllyn
Doogie
@doogie
13 years ago
321 posts

Did she have dreads? I woulda asked how hers were done and if she said by a loctician I woulda said thats the most damaging way! LOL!

Tia
@tia
13 years ago
24 posts

She was just jealous because sheis too insecureto do what you are doing. Your hair is beautiful. I liked a previous comment about flipping the bird and then turning it into a peace sign.

Some of us have a sharper tongue than others and respond in different ways. >;)For people like that, not responding is the best thing, because they want to get a rise out of you. Especially because they were trying to be cool in front of their friends. Had it just been her, she probably wouldn't have said anything to you.

I grew up being the "unique" one of my friends, so I'm kind of used to the remarks... but it still doesn't get any easier to know there are such close-minded people out there.

Keep being you :) Beautiful!

Sidonia  CoY
@sidonia-coy
13 years ago
5 posts

hey stay encouraged and be yourself.. no one or race owns a "look" or "style", i have gotten alot or good compliments from strangers and a huge amount of bad comments from my blood family which is hard because i can easily shrug negative words from people i will neva c again but family Haha much more harder to ignore the looks n comments but i stay strong because i know who i am and most people are still trying to figure that out. your not out to prove nething to them but shut them down with a smile and a look that says well who r u? this world is hard enough already... lol even harder when u dont know who u r! much love n peace!

Evelyn Maes
@evelyn-maes
13 years ago
30 posts

I also think the best thing is just ignore them or at least don't show them you care about what they do or say.

It happened to me also a month ago, some girls, i think 16 years old were laughing at me when i walked by across the street, they were even such a cowards to say things in a language i don't even understand, so i don't know what they exactly said (but i can guess what it was). I just looked at them and kept walking.

updated by @evelyn-maes: 02/14/15 04:26:08PM

/ 8

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form