Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

3 month old back-combed dreads

Torkom
@torkom
13 years ago
19 posts

This community rocks ! I had a friend back-comb my dreads in April, and at the very least it was an experience :) It was very meditative zoning out for 5 hours, followed by a few weeks of looking like "sideshow bob". Since I found this site I've completely stopped touching my hair and boy am I loving life! My friend who's had 3 sets of dreads told me I have to constantly work on my dreads to get them good, but ever since I've been doing the exact opposite I can honestly say Im more satisfied with lettin' em be. I've posted some pics up, maybe you guys can give me some insight :)

-For new dreadheads!, your hair will soak up cigarette smoke like a sponge, especially if you mess with your hair after smoking. Make sure to keep your hands and hair clean; that cigarette smell makes its way into your scalp and fuses with the oils making a pretty raunchy combo of 4 day old cigarette scent with body odor and skunk ass. Just a tip :)

Thanks to everyone and SE for all the great wisdom bombs, peace and love yall !

updated by @torkom: 02/14/15 07:42:29AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

look good so what d9id this silly guy tell u to do constantly

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Torkom
@torkom
13 years ago
19 posts

palm rolling with aloe gel and root rubbing at least 5 days a week. also using lock peppa on tips and roots to help them lock. obviously they can do all of this on their own in time, letting nature take its coarse like roots. His dreads look uniform and almost perfect, but totally lack the soul aspect in my honest opinion. I don't mean to speak badly of him or his dreads, but I prefer a more natural experience for mine. Even though I did all those things for a little while, I am where I am now. I only use the gel to tame my hair when I need to, and keep my hair and head real clean. They are starting to lock up real well. The dreads shall now show ME the way :)

Patricia Rose
@patricia-rose
13 years ago
3 posts

massaging your scalp helps your hair grow faster though so don't totallydisregard that one :)

Torkom
@torkom
13 years ago
19 posts
Thanks Pat :P Nothing feels better than a nice head massage : ) Good tip ~*~
Puddytatpurr
@puddytatpurr
13 years ago
24 posts
Oh wow, can't wait for my Sideshow Bob style to tighten up and look more like yours!
Torkom
@torkom
13 years ago
19 posts
When did you back-comb your hair?
Puddytatpurr
@puddytatpurr
13 years ago
24 posts
I stopped brushing a week ago & backcombed on Tuesday - long way to go yet!Already feels like I've been doing this for ages lol
Torkom
@torkom
13 years ago
19 posts
lolget ready for the ride ! using beads will really go a long way on your dreads, especially in this infantile stage.
Puddytatpurr
@puddytatpurr
13 years ago
24 posts
I've got one in, three to go in, two on eBay that I'm going to order - jewellery for your hair is a fab idea lol
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form