XD i guess so!

soaring eagle said:

profesionaly screwed?

i guess that makes locticians that use crochet hooks professional hookers/

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

I had to go to the youtube page and comment. This kind of thing can't be overlooked

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

ive commented on her vids b4 she got real nasty called all natural dreads shitlocks

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

Yeah. Well, of course she did. She expects all locks to look like checker boards of bald scalp

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

She also commented that you should wash your hair twice a month like you would normal hair

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

they looked just fine before she ruined them and made em look rediculouse

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

wow

ive washed my hair twice a month b4 when i was prety much on the streets..believe me its not fun yiur scalp becomes a disaster

she calls our clean dreads shitlocks then recomends walking round smelling like shit

2 weeks wirth i]of grime u can scrape off your skin with yiuyr fingernails and it cakes under em

Baba Fats said:

She also commented that you should wash your hair twice a month like you would normal hair

--
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

I know. I was in Kansas for a week in 05. When I got home, I thought I was tanned. Nope. I scrapped off a huge layer of dirt with my nails. That was only 1 week. I couldn't think of what 2 weeks would do

Star Gryphon
@star-gryphon
12 years ago
190 posts

It really amazes me how people are in the search for the "perfect" dread. I get asked all the time when I'm at work if I am growing out my roots. That or they ask me if I'm going to dread them all the way up. The hair that's up in the front never really dreaded, so when my hair is up it looks like a messy pony tail from the front. All my dready mentors when I first decided to start my journey are of the natural dread variety. Maybe it's bad of us, but we always giggled at the salon dreadies because their hair was perfectly manicured. No stray hairs, all perfectly round and the same size around and always full of a TON of decorations!

When I moved back to Portland after living in my college town for another 3 years after I graduated was the first time people started really questioning why my dreads weren't "manicured." A new friend of mine who crochets her dreads and uses a tool said that she would help me out and weave in all the loose hairs. I ultimately gave her the excuse that I was still thinking of it...but was hesitant because once it is done....it is DONE. No going back! I finally sat and gave them a really good separating that they hadn't had in a while and I convinced my mom to stop pestering me to let her work on my hair. I'm the only one that has worked on my hair. I pointed out all the compliments that I always receive.

Still though...people LOVE to try and offer help with my hair! my brother's girlfriend used to have dreads. She told me she didn't even make it a year with them. Someone put them in for her and she just recently told me that she used to crochet them every night while watching movies. She just recently gave me a dread tool that someone had given her but she never used. A crochet hook has never touched my dreads. (Well, that's a lie....I LOVE to crochet yarn and hemp! So, I've probably passed out with one touching my hair...and I always have one in my purse. It's a big fat K sized needle though.)

So, on to the point of this rambling...the dread tool is how I found these forums. I was trying to look up how to use it and never was entirely convinced still that I wanted to use it. I'll probably pass it on to someone who wants instant dreads and tells me that they don't have the patience to wait years.

Another person that has been on my case is a salon owner and self professed loctician. I guess he had dreads for years. He showed me his driver's license picture of him with dreads so I pulled my hair down to show him. He said that I needed to seriously work on my root grow out and that he has the perfect product. I don't remember what he told me it is called but I guess they sell it at his salon. I work as a bartender at this lounge that sells really cheap cigarettes and liquor and the next couple of times I saw him he made comments how I still haven't gotten the product to cause my dreads to be locked right up to my scalp. A woman was already at the bar drinking and chatting with me. I didn't know it until they hugged each other that she is his niece. He again made a comment about the product and until a few days ago I didn't know too much about what people put in their hair for dreads. I only knew of 2 different things and those are dread wax and a chemical that is used to instantly lock up your hair that allows you to leave the salon with the "appearance" of mature dreads.

There is NO way I'm ever going to put a chemical like that in my hair! I used wax only once and I hated the "product" feeling in my hair. So I ended up telling him that I'd thought about it and since I hadn't even used any chemicals in my hair and that I had let them pretty much lock up on their own that I didn't want to use one now. He told me that this product is natural...and that the rastas used something similar or such. That to be "natural" I needed to put stinky stuff in my hair. I guess I made him mad and haven't seen him since. His niece told me that he would get his dreads worked on like every week at the salon. Right after he left I also told her that I like that my hair isn't dreaded right up to the scalp. When I first started my dreads someone who kept their locked tight told me that I would constantly get hairs pulling on my hair. She said it's uncomfortable but that I'd get used to it. I've actually never had too much of a problem with that. I pulled my hair out and demonstrated that I could fit all my fingers under the dreads and I liked it like this because it allows me to wash my scalp, itch and not have small hairs being constantly pulled!

Come to find out from reading through this pages about product...the one he must have wanted me to get is the "dirt." Um.....GROSSS!

Ok....sorry for the life story. Finding this site has saved my dreads from all the people who were finally about to get me to cave and quit following the path what my hair wanted to do with my gentle guidance.
If I could have figured out that tool worked or had a crochet hook small enough it would have happened!

Pretty cool finding all you!

/ 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form