Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Patchwork?

Heather Gamble
@heather-gamble
14 years ago
145 posts
i have a really awesome green cord and patchwork jumper dress i bought a few years back for like $150 bucks but it doesnt fit right it has doves appliqued on it and was made by oceantribes id be up for trading for a patchy skirt in my size or something guess ill have to get batteries for the camera tomorrow and post pics ... i used to make a lot of patchwork myself but with the twins and all i have no time to set up various machines and surgers so hopefully as they get older ill get back into it..
updated by @heather-gamble: 07/22/15 11:46:02AM
Dragonfly
@dragonfly
14 years ago
47 posts
K.T. I already have a skirt that's pretty similar to that one, so neil coe it's all yours if you want. NaturalWomyn what kind of patchwork do you do? I've been really wanting a long skirt for the fall with some rich earthy colors.
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts
I can do pretty much any style of patchwork. You can check out my pics here and on FB for a few examples of my work. I need to get some more recent stuff up. Were you looking for like a random patchwork corduroy skirt?

@heather I know that jumper I would do a trade what were you looking for??? Dragonfly said:

K.T. I already have a skirt that's pretty similar to that one, so neil coe it's all yours if you want. NaturalWomyn what kind of patchwork do you do? I've been really wanting a long skirt for the fall with some rich earthy colors.
Dragonfly
@dragonfly
14 years ago
47 posts
Hooray! I can't see your FB pics, but I reeeeeally like the stuff you have posted here. I wasn't thinking of corduroy necessarily. I saw a girl wearing a skirt like this but with autumn colors a few years ago and I haven't been able to shake it from my mind. I'm pretty open to suggestions, though, and I really like the embroidery/applique? you've done. Along with dragonflies, trees and leaves are my favorite things in the world. :)

NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts
I actually haven't done that swirl(?) pattern style yet. I can look around and try to find a pattern for it though if that's what you're looking for???

appliques are my favorite thing to do! I need to post some of my newer ones, all the ones I have pics are from when I first started doing applique work!lol!

Dragonfly
@dragonfly
14 years ago
47 posts
I think initially I was wanting a swirl style, but I think a straight style would be pretty cool too with an awesome applique. Like maybe something like this but with a tree instead of flowers. Do you have a general price range for long skirts/applique work?

updated by @dragonfly: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
Island Mamma
@island-mamma
14 years ago
530 posts
Beautiful skirts
momma has dreads
@momma-has-dreads
14 years ago
159 posts
All the skirts are really nice. Back in the 70's we use to make jean skirts, opening up all the inner and outer seams and place a patterned material in there to make it into a skirt. Also look into crazy quilt type patter that you can do with many different materiel and patterns, then piece it together. It can take a lot of work, but you will have one-of-a-kind skirt. I still have a pair of old faded jeans, pale blue now, for the 80's with beading and patch work on them. The tie-die skirt was really nice too. Halter tops were in back then too. Patch work halter tops. Bell bottoms from the later 60's-70's. Use jeans and slit the outer seam up about 12", place in a material and you have old school bell bottoms....cool I think. I am all for old school. PeaceLets see photos when have finished your project..please Dragonfly said:
Hooray! I can't see your FB pics, but I reeeeeally like the stuff you have posted here. I wasn't thinking of corduroy necessarily. I saw a girl wearing a skirt like this but with autumn colors a few years ago and I haven't been able to shake it from my mind. I'm pretty open to suggestions, though, and I really like the embroidery/applique? you've done. Along with dragonflies, trees and leaves are my favorite things in the world. :)

updated by @momma-has-dreads: 02/05/15 08:58:45AM
Shanxon Lemasters
@shanxon-lemasters
13 years ago
411 posts
i want to make my daughter some patchwork skirts for this summer i need to learn to sew!

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form