Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

It's Official!!!

GreyGargoyle
@greygargoyle
14 years ago
569 posts
Alright. Unless someone comes up with some better advice then I'll just wait for a few months. I don't want my dreads to try eating each other so early on but I really doubt that they will. Thanks. ricky williams said:
id start separating when you can see more progress in the roots or ends and go that way i also think you can start now but it would be a little bit odd so the first answer is what id go with

GreyGargoyle said:
OH but I do have a question. I'm not too worried about it but I was wondering when you guy's would recommend that start separating? My hair is so short that I don't know how to. I can't really see any connecting hairs because there is still so much undreaded hair and I can't see the back of my head so I'm wondering how I should go about it. I think I am just going to let em be for a few more months before starting to separate but I was just curious about what you guy's think. I might even wait until I have a full head of dreads. I don't think any congos will start happening for a while...I just have a feeling about that. So what do ya'll think?

updated by @greygargoyle: 07/13/15 11:47:55AM
Iain
@iain
14 years ago
844 posts
YOu'll feel it in your heart when it's correct to separate, (corny advice lol but I think it;s partly true)you'll be able to see roughly how they're gonna form, (cept for maybe the back but you can feel itglad to see you hit your first milestone coming from such a long journey.
GreyGargoyle
@greygargoyle
14 years ago
569 posts
Thanks, man. That's kinda how I felt. I'll just know when to separate. Thanks again! I like your new DP by the way. It's bad ass. Iain said:
YOu'll feel it in your heart when it's correct to separate, (corny advice lol but I think it;s partly true)
you'll be able to see roughly how they're gonna form, (cept for maybe the back but you can feel itglad to see you hit your first milestone coming from such a long journey.
Cavewoman
@cavewoman
14 years ago
165 posts
6 months, that really is a journey lolIt only gets better from here though! ;}congrats brother!
recoverytrouble
@recoverytrouble
14 years ago
70 posts
There's a YouTube vid titled "neglect dreads 2 years" by futurama5656. I think he started from bald or stubble whatever. Anyway, after 2 years his dead straight hair has dreaded as it grew. He has a fair bit of undressed hair, lots of different thickness, zigs & zags and a couple congoes. It looks pretty cool, he seems really happy with it & made me real that "perfect" dreads are not so desirable to me. Take a look at the video, it may or may not inspire you a little more to keep em taking their own course.

GreyGargoyle said:
Thanks, man. That's kinda how I felt. I'll just know when to separate. Thanks again! I like your new DP by the way. It's bad ass. Iain said:
YOu'll feel it in your heart when it's correct to separate, (corny advice lol but I think it;s partly true)
you'll be able to see roughly how they're gonna form, (cept for maybe the back but you can feel it glad to see you hit your first milestone coming from such a long journey.
GreyGargoyle
@greygargoyle
14 years ago
569 posts
My hair has really tight curls in the back and the sides. On top it is more straightish/wavy right now. I think it'll get curlier as it grows out. I'm definitely going to let my hair do whatever it wants but I don't want dreads to get too thick and become a pain to wash and dry or too thin and become weaker. I definitely want mostly average sized locks with some thin and some fatties. Maybe one super fat congo. But that is just the dready dream. There is no telling just how my locks will turn out. It is all up to my hair on how everything goes. The only reason I was asking about separation is because I don't want my locks to surprise me by congoing like crazy before they get a decent bit of length on em. Oh and I've seen his video before. He has awesome dreads. He said that he started dreading from a fade. Sounds pretty sweet, his hair is really long for only two years. I've seen a lot of guy's who started from a shaved head that only have shoulder length locks after five years. But anyways, I love loose hair so that isn't an issue for me and I really like roots too. I don't know why people complain about those two things. They look awesome to me. But anyways, if you reply to this I won't see it for a couple days because like I said, I'm going out to the lake in Idaho but I'll be back on monday night or tuesday morning. Take it easy, buddy. Look forward to hearing from ya. recoverytrouble said:
There's a YouTube vid titled "neglect dreads 2 years" by futurama5656. I think he started from bald or stubble whatever. Anyway, after 2 years his dead straight hair has dreaded as it grew. He has a fair bit of undressed hair, lots of different thickness, zigs & zags and a couple congoes. It looks pretty cool, he seems really happy with it & made me real that "perfect" dreads are not so desirable to me. Take a look at the video, it may or may not inspire you a little more to keep em taking their own course.

GreyGargoyle said:
you'll be able to see roughly how they're gonna form, (cept for maybe the back but you can feel it glad to see you hit your first milestone coming from such a long journey.
Nicole
@nicole
14 years ago
125 posts
About the separation: My hair is realy long, like 12" and Im having to separate already. Day 13. The knots are eating each other like crazy.
GreyGargoyle
@greygargoyle
14 years ago
569 posts
Haha, thanks Sister! I have a short story for you though...so these little dreads babies are less than a week old and today I went to the lake. We went boating. We were gonna swim but the water was to cold so instead we went water skiing. (Messed up logic, I know, haha.) Anyways, so I jump in and it's freezing and I'm thinking, well...I hope this doesn't kill my little baby dreads, haha. I've never water skied so I sucked at first and I knew I was gonna spill on my first few tries. So I grab the rope and everything...they go and then I yell, "hit it!" So he takes off and as I'm starting to stand up the ski's slip off (I didn't know how to get em on tight enough) so I end up going down face first in the water and for some strange reason it doesn't occur to me to let go of the rope...so there I am, my head is about half a foot under water and I'm being pulled at around 40 miles per hour and as he is slowing down I can't think about anything other than how fun it was, hahaha. But anyways, I got back up and tried about four more times. I ended up being able to stand up and that was fun but man, it got too cold for me so we packed up and took off to the beach. But I got home today and I figured I'd wash my hair just in case any dirt or anything got in it. I washed it and after it dried I checked to see if the babies were still there...yep. =D I even have a new one. :P It's weird to have such short hair with dreads though because I have one that feels very, very tight for a baby dread but I can't tell if it is one dread or if it is two or if it is just super long. It's confusing to the touch. It feels longer than my hair because it swivels through the rest of my hair and to my scalp. I don't know, I'll find out though in time. ;)p They're all super skinny though except one.
GreyGargoyle
@greygargoyle
14 years ago
569 posts
lol, I love doing anything that involves athleticism. The only problem was that the water was freezing, lol. When ya jumped in the air left your lungs and ya had to sit in the water for a minute or two to catch your breath, lol. But even the freezing water had some appeal to it, haha. I felt awesome being up in the mountains earlier that day...shirtless with the wind blowing in my hair. Awesome feeling. But yeah, dreads are magical. They just come together in the most amazing ways, no matter what you put em through...so long as you don't pick up the comb/brush or use nasty chemicals. I'm amazed that these little babies didn't fall apart from all that water rushing through em..it even feels as if they got tighter, dreads are just amazing in the way they work out. So there is no telling what yours will do in the future.=D There is a problem with taking pics of hair. I saw a reply that you made about cameras and hair, you're right. It's HARD to take good pics of hair and I don't have a good camera anymore so I'm trying to think of a way to get good pics without spending money. Not to mention that it's hard enough for me to see such short dreads. It'd be nearly impossible for a camera to catch the details. My fiance definitely sees the difference though. Haha, I took of my shirt one day and started shaking my hair around just cause it feels awesome and she said that it looked like a lions mane the way it sat around my face the wildness and the color. Haha, made me feel pretty good about my wild messy mane. ;)Anyways, it was nice hearing from ya. I'm off to bed, I'm sooo tired.Night! I'll def try to get pics around my birthday as my grandmother also wants some of me. It'll be on August 7th. Hopefully I'll also have some more noticeable progress. G'night and God bless.
GreyGargoyle
@greygargoyle
14 years ago
569 posts
Dreads are the hair style of nature. That's for sure. Which is why they should be called natural not neglect. :P

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form