dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

"natural", defined.

Matted Dew
@matted-dew
14 years ago
213 posts
lullllllllls soaringeagle said:
i remember a loctition on myspace advertising natural dreads so i asked her how a locyition can do natural dreads and she said "natural dreads are just dreads made from hair, not synthetic" so i asked how she makes these "natural dreads" she said i braid them with yarn and sythetic hair added to your own hnatural hair then seal it with hair glue they sew the roots and finaly felt wool onto the outside of the dreads
and these are being advertised as natural dreads
this is precisely why i think the meanning must be relatively precise ..meaning little to no effort put into forming them..allowing time to do all the work.

in a way wool rubbing would be naturalish but i dont think most who start by wool rubbing consider them truly natural
(unless the rubbing was the result of scratchin an itch thru a wool hat

updated by @matted-dew: 07/23/15 03:33:03PM
Bird
@bird
14 years ago
74 posts
i guess i just disagree, because you can separate into whatever sizes you wish as well. I think that as long as you're not putting gunk in there, and you aren't going out of your way to maintain them (other than washing/separating and maybe a salt spray or two) they're pretty much natural. I agree that crocheting is not natural though... that takes way too much time/damages hair. With my twist and rips (which all fell out and i have not done anything but separate since), I didn't measure out sections or anything... just grabbed hair and did it. GreyGargoyle said:
Natural is when you do nothing but clean and separate. Animals naturally clean and take care of themselves. Well cleaning is obviously something we want to do with our dreads and separating is a lot like how a cat keeps it's fur laying down. Not against the grain. Neglect is when you do absolutely nothing. The neglect method as described by a lot of people means just neglecting your hair but still keeping it clean but that isn't really the true definition of neglect. I personally don't consider T&R to be completely natural because it involves making your own sections and choosing the size and shape of your baby dreads. That is not natural.
Bird
@bird
14 years ago
74 posts
yikes... that sounds like a 1st grade art project. Not that I dislike those kinds of art projects, but keep it away from my hair! Glue??? soaringeagle said:
i remember a loctition on myspace advertising natural dreads so i asked her how a locyition can do natural dreads and she said "natural dreads are just dreads made from hair, not synthetic" so i asked how she makes these "natural dreads" she said i braid them with yarn and sythetic hair added to your own hnatural hair then seal it with hair glue they sew the roots and finaly felt wool onto the outside of the dreads
and these are being advertised as natural dreads
this is precisely why i think the meanning must be relatively precise ..meaning little to no effort put into forming them..allowing time to do all the work.

in a way wool rubbing would be naturalish but i dont think most who start by wool rubbing consider them truly natural
(unless the rubbing was the result of scratchin an itch thru a wool hat
GreyGargoyle
@greygargoyle
14 years ago
569 posts
I don't understand...You don't choose what size you want your dread to be when you separate. You just separate the dreads that are trying to grow together. You don't choose anything except that they don't grow together...
Matted Dew
@matted-dew
14 years ago
213 posts
you can choose your sections...you can do whhhhhhatevvvvva you wantnamaste GreyGargoyle said:
I don't understand...You don't choose what size you want your dread to be when you separate. You just separate the dreads that are trying to grow together. You don't choose anything except that they don't grow together...
GreyGargoyle
@greygargoyle
14 years ago
569 posts
If you say so. Choosing sections is pretty dang hard when you can't see what you're doing... Matted Dew said:
you can choose your sections...
you can do whhhhhhatevvvvva you want
namaste

GreyGargoyle said:
Jammin' Jay
@jammin-jay
14 years ago
30 posts
hahaha soaringeagle said:
and? natural beeswax is naturally in beehives
bees dont naturally live in your hair so its not natural to have wax in dreads

Matted Dew said:
you can get natural beeswax.....

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags