Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

How to rip personality from your dreads

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
oh i said the worse person to give advice on dreads which is true i never said hes the worse person in the world justr the very last person anyone should take dread advice from since hes personaly responcible for so many thousands of dreads being harmed

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 07/19/15 01:31:05AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
but since hes actualy alowing comments that dont just praise him for a change i think you should all feel free to add your own comments in your own words and let him know exactly what you thinkty

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
your a very creative well spoken writter so u should definately speak your mind there Rama Varma said:
Yes, sorry sorry sorry. I read it, it made me laugh, then I re-read it, and realised it said something quite different. Sorry.

--
Pamella
@pamella
14 years ago
31 posts
To each his own...sounds fine :) I dont want wax in my hair nor the workout it causes which takes away for my reasonings to have dreads in the first place.....I guess some see them as a ?trend? ..Well...its alright..let them have their day in the sun...If they arent authenically wanting the dreads, they will remove them over a period of time...It's about individuality...and truly...everyone in this world is a seeker of some form or fashion...I try to concentrate on my inward balance as much as possible and let others flow how they choose..I am just so thankful I came on here to flow alongside of you all..Love you all!~
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
we love you too :)

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
many newbis start out thinking thats the look they want, but then find the 1 dread that refuses to be perfect an boring ends up being theyre favoriye, they spend hundreds of hours destroying all personality only to realize the personality they destroyed was what made them so beautiful

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
i tried replying but ui think he blocked me so anyone who wants to invite him to join us for a fair and open debate please do

--
Ryan Emmel
@ryan-emmel
14 years ago
85 posts
I don't think he'd get a fair and open debate here. He'd be shouted down. The atmosphere toward him on this forum is obviously hostile.I also have a huge problem with people who think that their reason for growing dreads is the right reason, and anybody who has a different opinion is not the type of person who should be growing dreads. Go start a club. You can have a fort, and a password.That said, Johnny is a hypocrite. He says that people are free to choose, experiment, and find their own dreading journey, which is true. But he only teaches (sells) one path, and makes the others seem illegitimate.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
i dont think shes talking about the misguided and misinformed but instead the imitators of idols the true fashion dreads.. breeze said:
I think you really went overboard with your statement.....who are we to judge who should be getting dreads? I talked with a couple of Rastafarian in Charlottesville, Virginia who told me that when they started their dreads they used beeswax. Would you tell them that they a posers and fakers? Just because we may not agree to the way someone gets dreads doesn't make yours any more important than theirs. Maybe some people have a reason for getting their dreads but are unlearned on the best way, and go another route. Does that make their reasons any more less then us? I didn't think we were going to be judgmental here?

Peace & Love

IllumiKnotty said:
yes and i have said this before:

to ME, natural dreads say "i dont care"

but fake dreads say: "i try to look like i dont care, but in reality -- i care a lot!"

posers fakers wtf they are not the type of people who should be getting dreads

--
IllumiKnotty
@illumiknotty
14 years ago
212 posts
a waxy crocheted super tight perfect dread head is a poser to me. why are they trying to make dreads a fashion statement?just like a person that tries to be goth by wearing all black and wearing black nail polish, yet not appreciating the "goth" writings, or the goth music or subculture is also a poser.yeah i am passing judgements because they are taking a natural genuine thing, such as dreadlocks, and putting superficiality on it.and when people act superficial, the only thing to judge them on is just that -- their outside appearance. in this case, it is their "perfect" dreadlocks.

/ 4

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form