Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Flat dreads

Steenvick
@steenvick
11 years ago
35 posts

I can't seem to find the recommended ACV on this site anywhere. Is it a specific brand, or could I just purchase any kind of ACV?

the Barrellady said:

I think it is the head and shoulders inside your dreads. Baking soda can be bought from any grocery store in the baking section. Make sure to purchase baking soda , not baking powder . I buy mine at a bulk food store, either way, it is cheap. If you use the apple cider vinegar the site recommends, that can also be purchased at the grocery store. Almost all shampoos will leave behind a residue, so they are a no no. Until you can afford to purchase dread soap or dread shampoo, I would stick to the baking soda. Good luck & remember to soak your head to get the Head & Shoulders out of the core of your dreads. Greetings to Norway

updated by @steenvick: 07/23/15 06:58:50PM
Mons
@mons
11 years ago
518 posts
Hi Lenore. Any brand of acv is fine. About the flat dreads, do you sleep on your sides? In any case, it's perfectly normal to have some flat dreads. It may take a while, but they will round off. Just think of things this way, if something your hair does over the next year or so makes you panic, question your decision to dreads, or doubt yourself, it's perfectly normal. Flat, crazy shapes, kinks, loops, zig zags, loosening, falling out...that's exactly what your new dreads should be doing. :)
Kelly3
@kelly3
11 years ago
333 posts

They are very new. They will round out as they mature.

Crystal3
@crystal3
11 years ago
5 posts
I too have a few flat ones. I have been dreading for about 2 months now and as they tighten you have to be sure to squeeze them on the edges that are flat and they will shape. Palm roll a little. I don't recommend palm rolling because it alters the natural loom of them, but they will tighten and should fall straight as they grow
Steenvick
@steenvick
11 years ago
35 posts

Thank you for the answer! I think its just awesome when the dreads does crazy things, I was just afraid I have build-ups or something in them :)

Mons said:

Hi Lenore. Any brand of acv is fine. About the flat dreads, do you sleep on your sides? In any case, it's perfectly normal to have some flat dreads. It may take a while, but they will round off. Just think of things this way, if something your hair does over the next year or so makes you panic, question your decision to dreads, or doubt yourself, it's perfectly normal. Flat, crazy shapes, kinks, loops, zig zags, loosening, falling out...that's exactly what your new dreads should be doing. :)
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

u probably do id u used head and shoulders id use a clarifying shampoo to remove buildup

then use a good dread shampoo like dreadlockshampoo.com

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Steenvick
@steenvick
11 years ago
35 posts

I used the baking soda and ACV just now, and it looks like it helped! :)

soaring eagle said:

u probably do id u used head and shoulders id use a clarifying shampoo to remove buildup

then use a good dread shampoo like dreadlockshampoo.com

emilio gonzalez
@emilio-gonzalez
11 years ago
32 posts

dreads will be flat for a while im 4 months in and most of mine are flat.

melanie rose
@melanie-rose
11 years ago
177 posts
Wow, you've already got beaver tails at two weeks! That's impressive. I've got a bunch as well, but they didn't start forming until a month. They are normal and a great sign! You're well on your way
Steenvick
@steenvick
11 years ago
35 posts

Really? Never heard of "beaver tails" before! Haha, thats kinda cool. Some of them are still flat, but ill take that as a good sign then! :) awesome

melanie rose said:

Wow, you've already got beaver tails at two weeks! That's impressive. I've got a bunch as well, but they didn't start forming until a month. They are normal and a great sign! You're well on your way

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form