good average per headfs 30-40 dreads

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 07/23/15 06:56:09PM
Kelly3
@kelly3
12 years ago
333 posts

So, did you take the plunge? We're all waiting for pics :)

amethyst777
@amethyst777
12 years ago
95 posts

Hmm... well mine to look similar but I have about 40 dreads now, with new ones forming.. After reading what SE said, I had a good session of staring at my hair in the mirror.. LOL! I think most all of them are well under an inch... I do have one kinda big one underneath on the bottom to one side, but I'm planing on leaving it. I've been using that one to wrap around the others when I need to look somewhat presentable.
So I have that one that's kindabig, but I shall call him Fred and keep him LOL! But now after looking at them closely... Does it matter if they are actually squares? cause I let my hair section itself. The sections are all different shapes and sizes.. but except for that one, they are from about pencil size to sharpie size...... that's the best way I can describe it, and that is at the section, not the dread itself.. Think I'll be ok?

Izzy, did you end up starting over?

eva
@eva
12 years ago
38 posts

Hello amethyst , noI don't think it matters if they are squares. It's actually better if you let themsection themselves. I think your sectionssound completely fine ! And keepFredlol ! It sounds like hes of good use ahaha. I did start over, I took them out and I'm waiting for my friend to come over and section them :(:( .I don't thinkI'm going to do squares, I might section them as circlesor ovals. ButI want them to varie in size, I want to have some big and some small,( but definetly not too big, not making that mistake twice ) ! And if youre still worried about them ( they sound fine though! ) then just post some pics !!! Good luck :)

amethyst777 said:

Hmm... well mine to look similar but I have about 40 dreads now, with new ones forming.. After reading what SE said, I had a good session of staring at my hair in the mirror.. LOL! I think most all of them are well under an inch... I do have one kinda big one underneath on the bottom to one side, but I'm planing on leaving it. I've been using that one to wrap around the others when I need to look somewhat presentable.
So I have that one that's kinda big, but I shall call him Fred and keep him LOL! But now after looking at them closely... Does it matter if they are actually squares? cause I let my hair section itself . The sections are all different shapes and sizes.. but except for that one, they are from about pencil size to sharpie size...... that's the best way I can describe it, and that is at the section, not the dread itself.. Think I'll be ok?

Izzy, did you end up starting over?

Mons
@mons
12 years ago
518 posts

Izzy, just do random shapes. How are you sectioning them?

Amethyst, your sections sound perfect.!

eva
@eva
12 years ago
38 posts

Just circles and squares and stuffaha ? I have no idea, I was going to get my friend to do it ! Any tipsor advice ?

Mons said:

Izzy, just do random shapes. How are you sectioning them?

Amethyst, your sections sound perfect.!

Bob Ngarly
@bob-ngarly
11 years ago
161 posts

I think if you leave them alone you can split them once they begin to loosen up which they will after about a week... That may just be more work though..

Bob Ngarly
@bob-ngarly
11 years ago
161 posts

http://www.ragingrootsstudio.com/sectioning.htm

This sight has tons of good information on sectioning dreads. Covers everything to patterns, dread shape and size, and how they will lay.

eva
@eva
11 years ago
38 posts

Thank you for the link Spencer. I combed them out a couple of months ago but I'm go to start dreading again this week, sothe link is very helpful.Thanks again :)

Spencer Mcduffy said:

http://www.ragingrootsstudio.com/sectioning.htm

This sight has tons of good information on sectioning dreads. Covers everything to patterns, dread shape and size, and how they will lay.

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form