Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

lil baby dread just fell out!!! :(

Sam Jordan
@sam-jordan
12 years ago
10 posts

Heyhey! Thought you guys would be the best ones to come too for some piece of mind during my crazy stage (3months in).

Just stroked the side of my head to see how they felt and a clump of matted hair fell out kinda looks like a dread has fallen out but its kinda small so I felt around some more and some of the little dreads only have a couple of hair roots holding them in place (my sectioning was bigger then how they are now) and feel super weak.

Was just wondering is this normal for these little dreads to 'die' :( I have quite thin hair and the little dreads seem to mostly be behind my ear or tucked away under loose hair if that helps at all?

Help :(

Peace

updated by @sam-jordan: 01/13/15 09:35:21PM
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

I've had a lock or 2 fall out. It does happen on occasion.

Did you do any maintenance other than the original TnR and back combing? Back combing takes a toll. It putsunnecessarytorque on your roots. It tends to pull out lots of hairs and hurt the integrity of the lock.

Hopefully the one you lost was just a fluke. But in case it wasn't, leave your locks alone for a while and see if the roots fix thmselves

Sam Jordan
@sam-jordan
12 years ago
10 posts

Yeah I reckon the tnr method did put a lil strain on the hair but i did do the mistake of leaving rubber bands in for a month but took em out as soon as I found this website!

There like thick little balls of matted hair holding on to five or 6 roots its like the sectioning has shrunk, weird :S but i dont know if it means anything but my hair is only like 6 inches long so in the long run it shouldnt matter too much..... right? >.< but i will deffo leave em alone :)

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

rubber banbds most likely caused it

theres no root rubbing or root maintenance ?

if not then rubber bands are the cause for sure

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Sam Jordan
@sam-jordan
12 years ago
10 posts

Nah dont do any root rubbing or anything like that so i think ya got it. Can this be cured or have I buggered it up?

Peace

soaring eagle said:

rubber banbds most likely caused it

theres no root rubbing or root maintenance ?

if not then rubber bands are the cause for sure

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

well just leave em alone and they will self repair as much as possible there maybe permenant g=harm but to soon to tell

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form