Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

shrinkage.... dreads of course!

Luke Stanton
@luke-stanton
12 years ago
61 posts

is there a difference of the amount that dread will shrink based on the method you used to start them? like TnR, neglect, backcombing?

updated by @luke-stanton: 01/13/15 09:29:38PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

yes and no and maybe and maybe not

as a generality u may or may not experience some of the following

backcomb lose the most the 1st day

neglect maybe less noticeable as the dreading shrinking growing may result in a near no growth no shrinkage equilibrum but not as likely with long hair

crochet well crochet suposedly u dont lose any length which kinda would be impossible if the hairs are all still connected to the gead and went from straight to knoy=tted the only way no length loss is logicly possible then would be if almost all the hairs are no longer complete root to tip they do seem to not loose much length and dont shrink much either but thats most likly the weaving vs dreading thing and quite awa=hile after stopping the crochet theyd shrink a they dread

twist n rip..depends how u do it u probly wont k=lose much on day 1 but thru shrinkage bout the same as backcomb in the long run

to dread properly they got to shrink tho your going from long straight hairs sretched out to tightly bound up knots

its an important stage in maturing

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Luke Stanton
@luke-stanton
12 years ago
61 posts

alright thank you! i just didnt know if one stuck out more than the other but they all seem to be about them same

Tara C
@tara-c
12 years ago
644 posts

I don't know about the different methods, but I'd imagine they all shrink the same length, just maybe at different rates. I think how long/short your hair is is more of a factor though.

CiArA
@ciara
12 years ago
25 posts
for me, i think mine is shrinking because my hair is very long. like...almost 2ft when i started. therefore, when i sleep, the ends fish-hook. meaning, about 6 inches of hair at the end, turns upward into a U shape almost....but more like a hook. what happens next? other hair gets caught in there, more loops and hooks forms, AND NOW I HAVE WADDED UP DOODOO DREDS! ok. venting. but seriously I've got like 5 dreds that are just wadded up to about 5-6 inches long, and look like a hairy turd. lolololol. you can't see the ends of my hair, cuz they're all caught up in there. its been frustrating to me, because i like my hair long. and i'm only 4 months in....i said 5 somewhere else, my bad, its 4.point is, i honestly think my length is responsible, since its easier to tangle, and those tangles are harder to undo b/c they get pretty fkn serious, moreso than with shorter hair.dog on a long leash, fuck shit up. dog on a short leash, slow and boring. same concept sort of.
Valérie
@valrie
12 years ago
539 posts

I also feel that length plays the biggest factor. I believe it is more noticeable in straight hair than it is in curly hair because curly is always a lot longer than it actually looks anyway.

I have pretty mixed wavy/straight/curly hair and some of mine have shrunk about 4 or 5 inches while others kind of look like they shrank about an inch.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form