Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Scalp gunk and itchies?

Cristin Nessen
@cristin-nessen
12 years ago
158 posts
Awesome! Thanks a whole bunch! I'm anxious to try this! :)
updated by @cristin-nessen: 07/17/15 04:34:38PM
Cristin Nessen
@cristin-nessen
12 years ago
158 posts
And thank you everyone for all your replies and help! Much appreciated! :)
Cristin Nessen
@cristin-nessen
12 years ago
158 posts

Earthstudios said:

Some here say wash less, I say wash everyday. I figure the washing motions tangle hair even more thus dreading faster. but hey, to each their own... GL with your dredies :)

That's kinda how I look at it too :)
Cristin Nessen
@cristin-nessen
12 years ago
158 posts
Okay, so I boiled the water first when I washed my hair last night. I too heard a fizz that I hadn't heard before lol. My hair definitely feela less grimey. There is still a little of the gunk on my scalp, but I'm hopeful that after several washes it'll be gone, and I might even need to add a little extra bs. I think after playing with the measurements a bit this should work great. I'm about positive it was the water issue. Thanks everybody!
Heather
@heather
12 years ago
1,291 posts
try 3/4 cup next time and pour your water into a big bowl or the bathroom sink. Dunk your head in so that your scalp gets a bit submerged and then scrub at it with your finger tips. squeeze out any excess water and then put a towel on your head and let the BS sit for about 20 minutes before rinsing. it really helps get the gunk off.

Cristin Nessen said:
Okay, so I boiled the water first when I washed my hair last night. I too heard a fizz that I hadn't heard before lol. My hair definitely feela less grimey. There is still a little of the gunk on my scalp, but I'm hopeful that after several washes it'll be gone, and I might even need to add a little extra bs. I think after playing with the measurements a bit this should work great. I'm about positive it was the water issue. Thanks everybody!
Cristin Nessen
@cristin-nessen
12 years ago
158 posts
awesome! Thank you!
Cristin Nessen
@cristin-nessen
12 years ago
158 posts
So I washed my hair today, and no more gunk! My hair is kinda dry now though, which I figured was a possibility. I'm thinking I'll add a bit more tea tree next time. I'm also considering the nag champa shampoo bar when I get paid! Sounds delightful!! Either way, just thought I'd report back about my scalp! Lol :)
Heather
@heather
12 years ago
1,291 posts

yay! glad it worked for you. the shampoo bar will definitely soften your locks up but not to the point of unknotting. just alternate with the bs/acv wash and you'll be golden;)

Cristin Nessen
@cristin-nessen
12 years ago
158 posts
Ooh the alternating is a great idea! Thanks!!! :)
Cristin Nessen
@cristin-nessen
12 years ago
158 posts
Okay, not sure if anyone will see this new reply lol, but I got the nag champa bar and I have to say I am totally in love with it! It definitely makes my hair super soft like you guys said, but do I need to worry about it maybe being too soft? Like enough to undo or slow my progress? I know soft isn't necessarily a bad thing, but at what point should I worry about it?You guys are familiar with the champa bar. Did it make your hair soft enough to undo any of your dreads, or did it progress about the same still?

/ 4

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form