dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Can hair stylists have dreadlocks???

Kelly Taylor
@kelly-taylor
12 years ago
1 posts

Greetings!

I have a question which might seem a bit silly but here it goes..

I am about to start cosmetology school to become a hairstylist and I am curious if anyone out there knows if dreads are acceptable to have working in a salon?

I had dreads about a year ago and combed them out. Lately I've REALLY been wanting to give them another try but its pointless if I cant have them for school or this profession in general.

Thanks in advance :)

updated by @kelly-taylor: 01/13/15 09:18:21PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

yes they can b ut hairsrty;ist cant do dreadlocks right

if you want to dread dread but dread the right way not the way cosmotology schools teach you wich is all wrong

salons cause total dread disasters

but yoiu can hbave dreads in any any any profession as long as they arent a safety hazxzzard

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

your page said you latch hooked your dreads that alreaduy is a huge mistake

thats something you never want to do

but clarify for me

did you

a) use the latch hook to interlock or pullthe entire dread through a gap in the roots thereby causeing a weak spot more klikely to break and causing extreme tension on the roots likely to cause traction alopecia and maybe someday bald spots

oir

b) use it toi pull loose hairs through the dread or roots thereby breaking hairs creating more loose hairs and evebtualy causing weakness?

one thing the salons dont teach is the best thinbg to do to dreads is almost nothing

but they cant cgarge oputragios prices unless thwy do lots of harm then have to repair that harm constantly

if yiu dread again take a more natural low to no maintenance approach

and if you work in a salon and ppl come to you for dreads ..teach them the rioght ways to care for them

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
GoldenEagle
@goldeneagle
12 years ago
393 posts

Yes, you can have dreadlocks and be a hairstylist. As long as you can do the task you are asked to do your clients won't have any problems. You may find that you get more clients because of your dreadlocks.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form