Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

is my hair too thin to look good with dreads?

Noah Ralph
@noah-ralph
12 years ago
8 posts

Im not sure if this discussion has been cleared up, but my hair is as thin as yours (very nordic) and I actually found that it dreaded together easier then thick hair. When it comes to staying dreaded it didnt work out as well, but any hair can dread. I promise.

updated by @noah-ralph: 07/18/15 05:19:56PM
meg2
@meg2
12 years ago
10 posts

thanks noah! it didnt stay dreaded tho? =( do you have any suggestions to keep it dreaded?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

let it get longer

add beads

short hair wont dread easy

beads will help

u can try the new lock magic gel but it stil needs to be long enough

how long is it?

i would definately try to get some beads to stick in a sction and that will help

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Noah Ralph
@noah-ralph
12 years ago
8 posts

Yeah, make the dreads thicker then you think they should be, but your hair looks the exact same type as mine, and before I had dreads I too had a lot of worries about the possibility of failure, but trust me, they will turn out fine. And they will be yours :)

blue earth said:

thanks noah! it didnt stay dreaded tho? =( do you have any suggestions to keep it dreaded?

meg2
@meg2
12 years ago
10 posts

hey SE, just measured the top part of my hair and it is 6in. i ordered some of the lock magic gel just yesterday! lol....should i just slip them on random sections of hair, at random points? should i twist the hair a little first or just slip the beads on?

thanks x

meg2
@meg2
12 years ago
10 posts

<3
=)))
Noah Ralph said:

Yeah, make the dreads thicker then you think they should be, but your hair looks the exact same type as mine, and before I had dreads I too had a lot of worries about the possibility of failure, but trust me, they will turn out fine. And they will be yours :)

blue earth said:

Heather
@heather
12 years ago
1,291 posts

you need beads with small holes. you want them to fit tight near the bottom of the lock of hair. the knotting occurs above it. i have a bunch of beads. if you private message me your address, then i'll send you some. i'll send you a little threading needle too that makes it much easier to put them on.

blue earth said:

hey SE, just measured the top part of my hair and it is 6in. i ordered some of the lock magic gel just yesterday! lol....should i just slip them on random sections of hair, at random points? should i twist the hair a little first or just slip the beads on?

thanks x

meg2
@meg2
12 years ago
10 posts

i just got the dreadlock lock magic gel in the mail but i dont know how to use it...no directions...any idea anyone? lol

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form