Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

backcombed dreads came undone alot! is this normal!?

Blonde Dready
@blonde-dready
15 years ago
84 posts
i backcombed them 6 days ago and now 6 days later they are almost completely undone cept for the roots! is this normal or am i freakin out over nuthin? heres a pick of them from today
updated by @blonde-dready: 02/14/15 07:36:43AM
Matted Dew
@matted-dew
15 years ago
213 posts
You should twist in rip if ur lookin to lock up quick
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
backcombing does that alot unless u backcomb really agressivelybackcombing is not dreading..dreading takes toime and often it takes unraveling e4ven completely the good news is..you never beeded to backcomb and thewy will dread from therewhats your hair like though..any oiliness?it helps to get it a nit dry at 1stsea salt..thyme if u are oily washing lil less and no conditioners and u sa=isd u wear a beenie alot thwt might be unraveling alot a looser tam would help morebyt anyway..you still got decent sections throew in some beads and it will dread uptheres tams in the memvers shops section if u want

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
yea twist n rip does a better job with less dammage then backcomb..and they dont stand straight up eitherbut your at 1 weekbackcombing very often falls apart in the 1st weeks2-3 weeks from notw it should start to come back together (at a guess)u can let em go and t&r a few stuburn ones if u want

--
Blonde Dready
@blonde-dready
15 years ago
84 posts
god i was freakin out there. had a panic attack or somthin cause i got a letter for my court date. woooo, im fine now tho i might just buy a tam lol soaringeagle said:
backcombing does that alot unless u backcomb really agressively
backcombing is not dreading..dreading takes toime and often it takes unraveling e4ven completely the good news is..you never beeded to backcomb and thewy will dread from there

whats your hair like though..any oiliness?
it helps to get it a nit dry at 1st
sea salt..thyme if u are oily washing lil less and no conditioners and u sa=isd u wear a beenie alot thwt might be unraveling alot a looser tam would help more

byt anyway..you still got decent sections throew in some beads and it will dread up

theres tams in the memvers shops section if u want
Courtney J
@courtney-j
15 years ago
100 posts
Mine did that too. I just re backcombed the ends for a few days. Mine are locking up really nicely now.
Extended Happiness
@extended-happiness
15 years ago
13 posts
i always say it depends on how you backcomb them. Gently and slow worked perfect for me and i had the odds stacked against me. i had short hair (4-5 inches), i have oily scalp and hair and it is dead straight.i used a metal lice comb that actually had two rows of teeth and i backcombed one inch at a time. it took about an hour per dread. Didnt cause any damage to my hair and looked great afterwards. never did the knots start to fall back out apart from the few dreads at the base of my neck.
simona
@simona
14 years ago
1 posts
have you ever heard of locking them with a small crochet needle very few people know how to do it but it give you instant dreads ive done it and its worth the time.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
nooo it is not worth the time! why because when u crochet u destroy hair and u need constant repair forevera low maintenance style becomes very high maintenance and u waste up to 15 hours a week for life fixing the damage caused by crochet..its very bad idea simona said:
have you ever heard of locking them with a small crochet needle very few people know how to do it but it give you instant dreads ive done it and its worth the time.

--
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form