Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

I need some advice

Rodrigo
@rodrigo
14 years ago
3 posts
Well, it has been about 4 and a half months since I started my dreads. I backcombed at first but I let it natural afterwards and most of the hair became undone within the first month. But I've patiently allowed my hair to form the natural way, however I have seen NO progress whatsoever with my loose hair.The hair that remained dreaded after backcombing has been looping but the hair that came loose and I wanted to dread naturally has not shown any progress at all, it just stays the same as my natural hair; it's as if I had never started the dreading process.I wash once or twice a week with Bronners tea tree oil liquid soap, I use a wool tam almost every night and sometimes in the evenings when I stay home, and that's it; I don't comb, crotchet, wax or nothing. My natural hair is very straight and long, and the only thing that seems to be the cause of this problem might be that it's also very greasy.Please give me some advice on what to do, is my problem all because my hair is greasy? what else could it be?I have some ACV at home, can it help with the greasy hair, or is it for something else?Please any advice is fully appreciated.
updated by @rodrigo: 01/13/15 08:35:22PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
greasyness is the probstop using bronnbers switch to baking soda and acv (only use acv if u gotta) add sea salt sprasys and thyme tea on the scalpsea salt dries hair thyme redices oil production

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
ooh i saew your question on acv in chat so here goes acv acts like a conditioner sorta but without residue it restores a healthy ph ballance after baking sodait can also cut grease somewhatbut heres a tricky thing when u got oily hair u wanna wash less to reduce oil production you want to also not strip away oils ot you'll overproduce so even tho vinagar will remove some oils its not alwaysd the best idea to remove it all instead u want to regulate production by wasghhing less often and using thyme to adjust productionit will become less greasy as u syop removing as much oilsoils are healtthy to have just from years of stripping oils u produce more then u need to compensate..so go 1 day longer then u think u should till it starts getting less oilthe thyme tea u want to spray on and leave on the sea salt rince oiut after a couple hours

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form