Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Stinky

Emily
@emily
14 years ago
203 posts
i just noticed my head kinda smelling too...actually my mom kindly pointed it out :/i was like oh crap! other people are noticing too?! i wash with baking soda once a week and follow with an acv rinse. i ran out of oils to add to the baking soda so maybe thats why, because they never smelled before.
updated by @emily: 07/09/15 11:05:57PM
Pwntus
@pwntus
12 years ago
47 posts

i got issues with this as well.

When i was my hair it smells fine the entire day while its drying. Next day in the morning sometimes i can sense a bit of moisture but dries by mid day if it needs to. So thats 2 days of fresh smelling dreads but then i wake up on the 3rd day and the scalp always smells bad.

The dreads themselves no, but if i scratch my scalp i can smell an odor on my fingers much like you would if you pet a dog =(....... not as horrible though but its noticeable.

Which means that i must wash my dreads and scalp mostly every 2 days if i want to avoid odor.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

what are u washing with

do u have scalp issues like cradle cap psoriasis etc etc ..pussy scalp anything that might cause a smell

and whats your diet like

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Earthstudios
@earthstudios
12 years ago
108 posts

Grow your finger nails out a bit and while washing your hair really scratch your scalp with them. Excessive oils and skin cells are building up and creating the "pungent smell". When you didn't have dreads a brush or comb helped to scratch these dead skin cells away. Now nothing is removing them so you have to get rid of them while your scalp adjusts to the new conditions of having dreads. As time goes less and less work is required in the shower. This worked for me anyway. :)

Earth.

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form