Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

people judging me as a mother and my son

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
with closed minded parents chances are good the kids will rebel and want dreads so u r probly right

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 07/23/15 02:57:57AM
Antony
@antony
15 years ago
80 posts
I got judged today too.So, I was hanging out with my friends. Just talking and stuff. So, eventually this chick from my school and her sisters or something passu us by, and one of them is pushing a baby carraige. And that chick I mentioned said to one of her sisters, blatantly, "See those dreads, those are gross". So I say to my friends "Hey look, an illiegitimate child." Because my town is known for being Douchebag and Whore central in my county. We all point and laugh. So freaking satisfying.
Spider Feet
@spider-feet
15 years ago
458 posts
Thats hilarious. XDI prefer being peaceful when dealing with people, but sometimes....lol Fiend Jester said:
I got judged today too.
So, I was hanging out with my friends. Just talking and stuff. So, eventually this chick from my school and her sisters or something passu us by, and one of them is pushing a baby carraige. And that chick I mentioned said to one of her sisters, blatantly, "See those dreads, those are gross". So I say to my friends "Hey look, an illiegitimate child." Because my town is known for being Douchebag and Whore central in my county. We all point and laugh. So freaking satisfying.
Antony
@antony
15 years ago
80 posts
I am ususally peaceful. But, the people in my town aren't going to take that. Besides, she's had things like that coming for a long time. Anubis said:
Thats hilarious. XD

I prefer being peaceful when dealing with people, but sometimes....lol

Fiend Jester said:
I got judged today too.
So, I was hanging out with my friends. Just talking and stuff. So, eventually this chick from my school and her sisters or something passu us by, and one of them is pushing a baby carraige. And that chick I mentioned said to one of her sisters, blatantly, "See those dreads, those are gross". So I say to my friends "Hey look, an illiegitimate child." Because my town is known for being Douchebag and Whore central in my county. We all point and laugh. So freaking satisfying.
Jayah O
@jayah-o
15 years ago
38 posts
Some people are simply miserable in thier life and feel the need to drag someone else down to feel better about themselves. I guess I am known for speaking my mind, sometimes I can even be a bit uncouth, but I would have been glad she left too. Feel sorry for her. She is a small person who can't see past her doorstep. Don't worry about the haters..they will always be around. Speak your peace when you feel the need, after that just be a good mommy and love your hubby! :)As the others said, a good giggle is a good defense as well. It makes people wonder why you are laughing. I know I have said stupid crap, been laughed at and felt like the BIGGEST IDIOT on the planet. I have since learned, but yeah I still say stupid stuff sometimes..I'm only human =PParenting is a tough thing sometimes. It's when you get to choose for somebody else..others feel judged when you choose differently than them. I get that all the time because I cloth diaper. I still stand by my choices and let others know if they ask. Just keep on keeping on! :)
Didjeridurian
@didjeridurian
15 years ago
292 posts
yea but i don't even think a families religion should be imposed on a child. Chances are if the parents represent their beliefs positively, the child will be inclined to follow. However what if the child wants to honer the parent sbelief but be an individual and make his own way soaringeagle said:
ive seen kids that young with mohawks
at least dreads have meaning and can have religios significance
Spider Feet
@spider-feet
15 years ago
458 posts
I don't see a problem with a child being taught the parents religion...Religion is a part of life, it is the parents job to teach the child about life. Imposed no, imposed means the child isn't given a choice. Didjeridurian said:
yea but i don't even think a families religion should be imposed on a child. Chances are if the parents represent their beliefs positively, the child will be inclined to follow. However what if the child wants to honer the parent sbelief but be an individual and make his own way

soaringeagle said:
Didjeridurian
@didjeridurian
15 years ago
292 posts
I fully agree...I didnt mean to imply that parents should not teach their children about their religion. After all that would allow the child to further understand and apprecitae the parents. The parents should also just treach about reliigion in general and present many views. I feel we should be well rounded in our spirituality.Dogma is inherently dangerous in my opinion. Anubis said:
I don't see a problem with a child being taught the parents religion...Religion is a part of life, it is the parents job to teach the child about life. Imposed no, imposed means the child isn't given a choice.

Didjeridurian said:
yea but i don't even think a families religion should be imposed on a child. Chances are if the parents represent their beliefs positively, the child will be inclined to follow. However what if the child wants to honer the parent sbelief but be an individual and make his own way

soaringeagle said:
Iain
@iain
15 years ago
844 posts
after a long and considerate thought out post I'd thought I'd save you the reading time with thisFuck them
hippie mama
@hippie-mama
15 years ago
154 posts
thank you all for your opinions and i think the guy who said fuck them said it best. it aint worth my time and next time someone thinks im a bad mom just cuz my child looks like his parents im just going to laugh at them. thank u all,love n peace to all of you

/ 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form