Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Severe Dandruff

Panterra Caraway
@panterra-caraway
13 years ago
667 posts

Hi! :) Okay...the exact name is Garnier Fructis Salicylic Acid Anti-Dandruff Shampoo in Clear Control. It is a mostly clear bottle with a green squeeze top and a green and white label. It is new...but I got it at Stater Bros. I am almost done with the first bottle...and not only did it finally stop my itching...but it helped me dread too! They have another Anti-Dandruff one by Fructis, sitting right next to it...but it is kinda of milky looking and the other is clear like water (a safer bet!). It gives 48 control...guaranteed! If you can't locate it, try an internet search for stores near you. If you still have no luck...let me know and when I send out your tam I will send you some...it is very inexpensive :)

Heather said:

hey panterra! where did you find the garnier shampoo? i've tried target, walmart and cvs and none of them have that one. i'd like to try it and my son has recently developed a dandruff problem. i don't have dandruff but my scalp does get itchy.

thanks bunches:)

Panterra Caraway said:

Okay, here is what you get...Garnier Frutis Anti-Dandruff Shampoo in the Clear Control Formula. You can probably find it at Target or even the grocery store (and it wasn't too expensive!). They actually guarantee this product will work. I have a healthy scalp but was experiencing itching on 2 small areas that never seemed to really fully go away. I think I have mild psoriasis...but this stuff knocked out all the itch and my scalp has not one flake!!! It is residue free and smells great. After the scalp is under control, you don't have to use it every shampoo either! I think this will help you ALOT. Sometimes, you need to calm the scalp and break the cycle. Once the scalp is neutralized you should be in better shape. Also, be sure that you are using warm enough water with your BS to get it fully dissolved...if not, it can leave traces behind as well :)

updated by @panterra-caraway: 07/18/15 02:05:29PM
Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts

i've seen the other dandruff ones but not the clear one. i'll have to see if i can get my husband to go to stater bros tomorrow.

i've been having issues with my hair feeling really weighed down lately and not feeling very clean. i looked online and found out that hard water can leave so much mineral build up that it can actually add weight to your hair. crazy. it said a chelating shampoo used once in a while will help bind to the minerals so they wash away. i found one at sally's beauty supply called quantum clarifying shampoo that i want to try.

thanks for the offer! btw, i finished your headband and it came out so pretty. i think i'm going to make one for me now too:) when you get a chance, message me your address and i'll have it in the mail this next week.

Panterra Caraway said:

Hi! :) Okay...the exact name is Garnier Fructis Salicylic Acid Anti-Dandruff Shampoo in Clear Control. It is a mostly clear bottle with a green squeeze top and a green and white label. It is new...but I got it at Stater Bros. I am almost done with the first bottle...and not only did it finally stop my itching...but it helped me dread too! They have another Anti-Dandruff one by Fructis, sitting right next to it...but it is kinda of milky looking and the other is clear like water (a safer bet!). It gives 48 control...guaranteed! If you can't locate it, try an internet search for stores near you. If you still have no luck...let me know and when I send out your tam I will send you some...it is very inexpensive :)

Heather said:

hey panterra! where did you find the garnier shampoo? i've tried target, walmart and cvs and none of them have that one. i'd like to try it and my son has recently developed a dandruff problem. i don't have dandruff but my scalp does get itchy.

thanks bunches:)

Panterra Caraway said:

Okay, here is what you get...Garnier Frutis Anti-Dandruff Shampoo in the Clear Control Formula. You can probably find it at Target or even the grocery store (and it wasn't too expensive!). They actually guarantee this product will work. I have a healthy scalp but was experiencing itching on 2 small areas that never seemed to really fully go away. I think I have mild psoriasis...but this stuff knocked out all the itch and my scalp has not one flake!!! It is residue free and smells great. After the scalp is under control, you don't have to use it every shampoo either! I think this will help you ALOT. Sometimes, you need to calm the scalp and break the cycle. Once the scalp is neutralized you should be in better shape. Also, be sure that you are using warm enough water with your BS to get it fully dissolved...if not, it can leave traces behind as well :)

lysergic.nightshade
@lysergicnightshade
13 years ago
41 posts

I've had a bottle of this Garnier clear control shampoo sitting in my closet for so long now, I was afraid to use it. All the while my scalp has been in an uproar. I was planning to use an shampoo today, and I think I'll just use that one. Thanks for letting me know it's ok Panterra!

Dustin Sweed VanO
@dustin-sweed-vano
12 years ago
1 posts

seems like everytime i wash my hair its got more and more knots:)

soaring eagle said:

i did a lil observation with water running down the hair

this is what i observed

1st off the surface tension of the water pulled hair into sections the water running down these sections seperated it from the others

then 1 single hair that wasnt in perfect allignment would cause turbulance like a boat through the water or a plane through the air this cay=used eddies which pulled more hair out of iallignment causing loops curls and...knotsnce u got some knots started it really alters the linear foow of the water down the hair increasing this effect

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

exactly thats why i fiund it so silly when ppl are afriad ti wash their dreads

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form