Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

lice in dreads, help!!!

ekul
@ekul
14 years ago
6 posts
yeah i couldnt get to it today, i had things to do.. but im doing it tomorrow morning for sure!!.. at the root of my dreads.. theres 2 deads in the back of my head that are reeeeally thin at the root.. im guessing its definitely from scratching in the same spot so much? makes me sad cause it feels like i could just if it a hard tug and rip them both out since they are so thin at the root of my hair.. cause from thin into a normal sided dread :/.. not cool.. but ill definitely let you guys know whats up when i do it tomorrow.. are you 100 percent sure this wont like, make my hair fall out or something?? lol.. and im not really african american haha.. im half black and white.. moms black, dads white, haha..
updated by @ekul: 07/11/15 07:37:52AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
alotta ppl are mixed i dunno how that effects the resistence at all lol or if it played any fasctor at all in u getting themot wont hurt your dreads the alcohol might dry em some but the vinager will moisten em so it ballances outit will stingu may curse and pound your fist on the wallim noit saying its pleasant but neither is the itchingthe stinging will cleanse the wounds so u wont get infected(my scalp started swelling and oozing puss ) it will definately work and help u might need to do extra treatments beyond the 3 if u get rinfested neem seed oil and teatreee oil can help prevent reinfestation somewhat(teatree will keep em from biting for hours so i put it all over my scalp every 2 hours to stay sane)

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Heather
@heather
14 years ago
1,291 posts
i don't know why i read these post! now my head itches. hoping the best for you and your dreads:)
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts
your dreads are amazing!!!!! If the other recommended remedies don't work try delacet. All natural pesticide free lice and egg killer. It works great but you may have to order it online. I would get 2 boxes if i was you. One of the biggest problems is removing the eggs from your dreads, the delacet actually kills the eggs as well unlike other treatments. Make sure to be especially diligent about removing them from your home as well or your hard work will have been in vain. Good Luck, I hope you save those beautiful dreads! Many Blessings
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
and let us know how its going been wanting updates

--
ekul
@ekul
14 years ago
6 posts
well i did the alcohol soaking earlier today, just got done drying my hair.. i didnt do the vinegar after the 70 percent alcohol though since there was people waiting to get in the bathroom lol.. i just washed my hair with shampoo and conditioner after.. definitely seen lice in the water after, so thats good.. whats the point of the vinegar again? to re-moisturise my hair?.. i used the whole bottle of 70 percent alcohol so thats not good, i dont know how im gonna do it again in 3 days.. and thanks for the compliment naturalwomyn :D
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
u do not need the fill bottle or to soak em entirely the fumes do the killingthe vinager dissolves the glue that attaches the eggs to the hairdo do the alcohol every 3 days and vinager afteruse 1/3 bottle or less

--
windy?!
@windy
14 years ago
40 posts
same here haha

Heather said:
i don't know why i read these post! now my head itches. hoping the best for you and your dreads:)
ekul
@ekul
14 years ago
6 posts
sorry i havent been on here in a while but ive been busy.. anyways, ive been this alcohol soaking about 3 or 4 times now, and the apple cider vinegar twice.. i dont have anymore 70 percent alcohol.. so could i use 90 percent? maybe diluting it with water?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
yea u can use it straight just might be lil extra strong i used bothhave u done it at least every 3 days?in between treatments use teatree and neem seed oil on your scalp

--

/ 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form