Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums
the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Hey Tara, do it in the morning, that way it will be dry for when you go to bed. It is the two inch dreads that are causing you the problems. that is why it is recommended to keep 1 inch sections or smaller. When mature, the 1 inch sections can take up to 24 hours to dry, that is why going outdoors for the sun & breeze to dry them should be done. Congos, which is what you have, can take 48 or even 72 hours to dry, depending on the thickness. People who choose to keep them that fat are aware of the drying time and the mold issues that come with them, they take very special care to keep. They also make sure to wash only once a week or less and not get them wet in between those times. congos are awesome, but do require the special care....good luck...peace

updated by @the-barrellady: 07/02/15 08:38:11AM
Tara C
@tara-c
11 years ago
644 posts

They're not congos, they were sectioned that way when I first backcombed my dreads, thinking they wouldn't fatten up because I was full of misinformation at that time, but I understand what you mean, so they're being combed out. Thanks again for your help :)

michell loera
@michell-loera-clifford
11 years ago
11 posts

Hey , just wondering where i can buy the "rot knot" im scared I might have mold but not sure..just want to be safe

soaring eagle said:

ok if u dont want the rot knot (wich is all esential oils and amazing) then

3/4 cup white vinager 1/4 cup water

50 drops lavender

soak it leave it soakes d a long time like i left it on 24 hours

if thety arent super mature then probly try less

sun dry

try a min of 30 min

the rot knots got lotsa goodies smells most like cloves

10 min and done

i tested the hell outta it

using a full bottle at 1 use

(same size bottle as the liquid shampoo)

whole bottle rinsed out easily

was surprised

Tara C said:

I don't have much money at the moment anyway, but have a lot of essential oils, so would prefer to do one of those rinses, just don't know the specific things needed and etc.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

www.dreadlockshampoo.com

if its not up there yet go to the shop contact page send her a message and tell her to hurry and get it up..and to call me

michell loera said:

Hey , just wondering where i can buy the "rot knot" im scared I might have mold but not sure..just want to be safe

soaring eagle said:

ok if u dont want the rot knot (wich is all esential oils and amazing) then

3/4 cup white vinager 1/4 cup water

50 drops lavender

soak it leave it soakes d a long time like i left it on 24 hours

if thety arent super mature then probly try less

sun dry

try a min of 30 min

the rot knots got lotsa goodies smells most like cloves

10 min and done

i tested the hell outta it

using a full bottle at 1 use

(same size bottle as the liquid shampoo)

whole bottle rinsed out easily

was surprised

Tara C said:

I don't have much money at the moment anyway, but have a lot of essential oils, so would prefer to do one of those rinses, just don't know the specific things needed and etc.

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form