Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

oily hair dread question that turned into a diet debate vegan vs omni

Didjeridurian
@didjeridurian
15 years ago
292 posts
lolcommon sense is common sense. Put a piece of meat on a kitchen counter in august for 26 hours and see what happens to it? Still want it in your body? Well guess what that is how long it takes to digest. Carnivores digest meat in a couple hours max. Fruit digests in 20 to 50 minutes.There are countless obvious examples like this that a child could understand. I don;t need to convince you of anyhting Jelly, All I can do is do what i believe and hope to be an example.I can tell by just your photos that you have little regard for your body and that is your choice. However someone who makes no effort to be healthy doesn't hold much credibility in a discussion like this.Truth: Many vegans do take a moral high ground and can be considered "elitist"My main point is that we need to realize the direct conection between our health and the just treatment of fellow life. Health speaks for itself. Plant based diets are being offered as treatment options nowadays by even the most conventional medical establishments with great success. Of course they are teeling people that once the issue goes away they can resume any diet they wish. And of course they would do that so as not to lose a steady patient. Jelly said:
ohhh, and organic cows, say wild bison, perhaps...don't have odoriferous feces? what about deer, ever smelled deer or moose droppings? I have, fresh they stink like...well, like the load of manure you two are trying to get people to believe.

Folks, all shit stinks.

I never thought I would have to use those words as a public service announcement.

Unfortunately, many vegans and vegetarians are food elitists and will resort to fantastic lies and half-truths to support their vegetAryianism. Anything a meat-eater says MUST be part of the establishment and the status-quo, supporting corporate america and the ruin of us all!

Whatever...

What you fail to realize is: you are JUST as sold on the propaganda of an industry that caters to YOUR whims and fancies, is just as corporate and you're still a tool of it. Think for yourself. Use your senses, investigate the claims, see whose money paid for the "results" you claim are so conclusive. Don't forget- The Sierra Club was the first to study and apply emotionally based advertising. So don't say it's never happened.

J

soaringeagle said:
cows are normaly v4egatarian..
but cows are pumped full of hormones..and are fed ..cows.. u force a vegatarian to be a canible yu get alotta stink

cows we know today are not natural..at all..why do u think cows produce more polution then cars?
we feed them shot they never should eat

updated by @didjeridurian: 07/11/15 05:59:35PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
didgethe "just looking at you" comment was uncalled for..with all due respect that wsas borderline insulting and isnt the best way to reach someonebut the restwhen in the hospitol in oregon i heard about a studyin several nursing homes and mental hospitols they replaced the normal crapy food with macrobiotics that looked and tasted exactly the samein weeks there was a 95% improvement with 90% less dependency on medicationsnot only did most get off theyre meds..they got much better at the same time.

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
i agree everyone has to make theyre own choicebut if u look st the length of the digestive track it resembles a vegatariwn sanimals more then meat eatter, alsolook ast your body your fingers teethyou are not equiped to tear apart a living creature with only claws and teeth..nor eat raw dead animalsin order to eat meat it has to be processed, cut up with knoves cooked tenderized to the point of being able to be chewedthen once in the digestive track it needs microorganisims to break it down from therea year after not eatting meat those are no longer there..1 single bite of meat causes a toxibc reaction..high fevers shaking puking and u feel disgusting till u manage to purge it allwithout those microorganisms meat is a toxin

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
ok i moved this to dreads and diets and added some extra tags since we are wayyyyy off topiconly the 1st couple posts belong in maintenance so if the thread creator needs more help on the original topic we can make a new thread or recreate from the 1st few postsotherwise the debate on food can continue in tye right place(if the originator needs no more help i might re-title it too)actualy i did retitle it can be changed back if ya want

--
Didjeridurian
@didjeridurian
15 years ago
292 posts
I honestly did not intend it as an insult at all. I apologize for offending anyone and I certainly did not make that point in vain. I did not think it was insulting to simply make an observation. Clearly we choose our actions and those actions speak about our character. My point was simply that anyone who claims to know about what is healthy or not healthy should be able to practice it themselves. Baseless claims from those who have not taken the responsibility of personal experience through practice, are what create a very apathetic approach to personal and environmental health.We are conditioned to only know the negative aspects of practices so that we have reasons to NOT do them. "Well this doesnt work cause ..... And this doesnt matter cause.... and fuck it, we are all gonna die anyway..."Moreover the people who strive to achieve what is ideal, who want to learn how to do what is simultaneously best for their health and that of the planet are quickly labeled as elitists. It seems acceptable to openly call vegan fare "rabbit food" and that we are healthnuts and so forth but what if I was to call your meal deathburger, or 911 on a bun. How quickly would I be shunned as an arrogant elitist. It seems that we have become more comfortable with justifying complacency than facing our shortcomings, accepting them, and seeking new levels of living.I sense that I am agitating more people than I am reaching at this point so I respectfully withdrawal my counsel until it is ever sought out directly.This is a dreadlock forum so lets talk about that. I apologize for getting us so off topic.Jelly again I mean no disrespect and I am sure that you wouldunderstand that better through verbiage as this means of communication dosen;t allow for tone. I do not care what you do as long as it brings you real joy. I understand your arguments and while I do not appreciate being called an elitist I will concede to being an idealistic pragmatist :-) soaringeagle said:
didge
the "just looking at you" comment was uncalled for..with all due respect that wsas borderline insulting and isnt the best way to reach someone

but the rest
when in the hospitol in oregon i heard about a study

in several nursing homes and mental hospitols they replaced the normal crapy food with macrobiotics that looked and tasted exactly the same
in weeks there was a 95% improvement with 90% less dependency on medications

not only did most get off theyre meds..they got much better at the same time.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
funny story about thatthe meat industry demonizes vegatarianism the media makes ya t6hink its the worse thing u can be over and over u get the image oh no your daughters a veggie? what have you done wrong u should be so adshamed..or the oposite..your not a man if u dont eat ypur meatnow years ago i had a bumpersticker on my van mcdeathburger with the mcdonalds archesi was travelin sleepin in the van by a colledge when i hear someone yell mcdeathburger what the fuck and he started attacking the van..kicking it throwing things at the windowsthe media programs us to struggle against eachother and never conciderr eachothers opinions as valid..wonder why? proffits

--
Didjeridurian
@didjeridurian
15 years ago
292 posts
I had a drunk college kid kick my car and try to rip off my "love animals dont eat them sticker" lol he couldnt get it off cause he was so drunk so he took off a ribbon magnet I had that was for puppy rescue and ripped it in half.I've also had eggs thrown at my car for the same reason.People are strange soaringeagle said:
funny story about that

the meat industry demonizes vegatarianism the media makes ya t6hink its the worse thing u can be over and over u get the image oh no your daughters a veggie? what have you done wrong u should be so adshamed..or the oposite..your not a man if u dont eat ypur meat

now years ago i had a bumpersticker on my van mcdeathburger with the mcdonalds arches
i was travelin sleepin in the van by a colledge when i hear someone yell mcdeathburger what the fuck and he started attacking the van..kicking it throwing things at the windows

the media programs us to struggle against eachother and never conciderr eachothers opinions as valid..wonder why? proffits
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
i appreciate the civility tooits rediculouse that this issue causes so much hatred and anger..its all just food..what we coose to wat and the conceisness we apply to it..i really do think the media is responcible for all the arguing that goes on..from both sides..mainstreanm media is bought out by the beef indusdtry and pushes the "you gotta eat your meat to be a real man/real patriot" philosophy so vegatarians are looked at as the enemy of societyand from the other side the radical veganists portray every omni/opurtunivore as cold blooded killers full of ignorance and hatredwithsuch extreme ideas of what the other sides abiut its hard to see eyer to ete and discuss the issue calmlyplys on the vewg side theres the deep reverence for animal life thats as strong or stronger then the radical christians views on abortionlike abortion it should be a matter of choice and hope that the majority makes the more ethical choice.there nevrer could be or even shoiuld be a all out ban on meat eatting however, it certainly would benifit the world greatly if 2/3 or more chose to follow a meat free lifestyletherefore it shouldnt be an argument but a gentle persuasion..education so more hopefully make the choice on theyre own.

--
Didjeridurian
@didjeridurian
15 years ago
292 posts
Ive posted this before but I think, Jelly, if you saw this you would understand where my principles lie in diffrence to those that you refer to as "vegetorrorists". soaringeagle said:
i appreciate the civility too
its rediculouse that this issue causes so much hatred and anger..its all just food..what we coose to wat and the conceisness we apply to it..
i really do think the media is responcible for all the arguing that goes on..from both sides..mainstreanm media is bought out by the beef indusdtry and pushes the "you gotta eat your meat to be a real man/real patriot" philosophy so vegatarians are looked at as the enemy of society
and from the other side the radical veganists portray every omni/opurtunivore as cold blooded killers full of ignorance and hatred

withsuch extreme ideas of what the other sides abiut its hard to see eyer to ete and discuss the issue calmly
plys on the vewg side theres the deep reverence for animal life thats as strong or stronger then the radical christians views on abortion

like abortion it should be a matter of choice and hope that the majority makes the more ethical choice.
there nevrer could be or even shoiuld be a all out ban on meat eatting however, it certainly would benifit the world greatly if 2/3 or more chose to follow a meat free lifestyle

therefore it shouldnt be an argument but a gentle persuasion..education so more hopefully make the choice on theyre own.
Didjeridurian
@didjeridurian
15 years ago
292 posts
LOL jelly that comment had nothing to do with your appearance.It was the smoking and drinking. I would have said the same thing if your were crew cut clean shave and popped collar man.I am sorry you are so jaded and I hope your way works for you and makes you happy and I hope that people can take constructive aspects of what you say and use them to better themselves.For instance I love that you are trying to make people ignore the propoganda and think for themselves. I am still gonna do what I do and say what i say as long as I do what i say and say what i do. I expect the same from you. Jelly said:
Once again, this guy precludes that we all will feel this way if we just "give it a chance." No, we won't. Besides, it's not about the diet.

Hell, if nothing else, it's more bacon for me, right?

It's the propaganda and half-truths that are used to try to convince people. Most people will accept what you say at face value, no questions asked. Especially if it jibes with their worldview. Some of us are smarter and have actually SEEN the patterns of deceit and misdirection that the establishment uses and recognize the same thing in the so-called "cruelty-free" movement.

ps: this guy looks and sounds just like me almost...funny how you can point to him as an example and my photos as a person who doesn't take care of themselves.

J
Didjeridurian said:
Ive posted this before but I think, Jelly, if you saw this you would understand where my principles lie in diffrence to those that you refer to as "vegetorrorists".

soaringeagle said:
i appreciate the civility too
its rediculouse that this issue causes so much hatred and anger..its all just food..what we coose to wat and the conceisness we apply to it..
i really do think the media is responcible for all the arguing that goes on..from both sides..mainstreanm media is bought out by the beef indusdtry and pushes the "you gotta eat your meat to be a real man/real patriot" philosophy so vegatarians are looked at as the enemy of society and from the other side the radical veganists portray every omni/opurtunivore as cold blooded killers full of ignorance and hatred withsuch extreme ideas of what the other sides abiut its hard to see eyer to ete and discuss the issue calmly
plys on the vewg side theres the deep reverence for animal life thats as strong or stronger then the radical christians views on abortion

like abortion it should be a matter of choice and hope that the majority makes the more ethical choice.
there nevrer could be or even shoiuld be a all out ban on meat eatting however, it certainly would benifit the world greatly if 2/3 or more chose to follow a meat free lifestyle

therefore it shouldnt be an argument but a gentle persuasion..education so more hopefully make the choice on theyre own.

/ 6

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form