Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

need some dread friends super quick

Arielle Vogel
@arielle-vogel
12 years ago
24 posts

i just started my dreads and nobody i know has em. all of my friends say i looked way better before i put it into locks but i begg to differ. i love my new found hairstyle and they are tightening up super quick too.i am one of these kind of ppl who never brushed my hair anyway. lol.my problem is i feel all alone, like everyone i know is trying to convince me that i will never find a decent job with them in and warning me that over time im gonna get bad dandruff or worse bugs or telling methat my hair looks like shit (i kind of expect it to look that way for a while until it matures a bit more anyway). im a little nervous about those things happening to my hair but it just feels so right to have my hair this way. im so very glad i found this site i hope i can learn what i need. anyone out there could use a baby dread head friend to take under their wing??

updated by @arielle-vogel: 01/13/15 09:24:12PM
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

Some people do get dandruff. There are easy ways to get rid of it. The BS wash with the right oils clears it up really quick after a few washes.

I have had mine for over 5 years. I never had dandruff. I never had a bugs in my hair, and I hike 3-5 days a week in the summer. (in reality, most bugs that like hair like hair they can crawl around in. They don't like locks because the roots are too tangled and they can't move around easily). And I have never had any problem finding a job. There's a featured post that Eagle made as a letter to employers. Read it. If you grew you locks for a spiritual reason, they are protected by the first amendment.

We're all here, willing to help you out with any problems you might face. If anyone give you a hard time, someone here probably went through it before and can give you a hand

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

ive hasd dreads 22 years almnost i had bugs once ..and got ru]=id of em

early on i had alotta oposition like you ..from parents mostly ..funny how those who are suposed to suport u are usualy leazst supportive

but others i get nothing but respect and suport and admiraton from well maybe every so often u get a nasty comment from a nasty person but its like 1 out of 10000000

dont worry about the ppl who arent suporting u..they will come around..or go away

but ya will find plenty more who do suport ya in no time (u giot thousands of dready friends here and ..this easgles got wings to take ya under)

speaking of wings your ready to fly.. those around ya are stuck on the ground .. they are throwing rocks in the air trying to knock you down out of the sky cause how dare u have the nerve to rise above them..to set yourself freree when they are stuck down there on the ground ..

they want to knock you down to "reality" as they see it the only reality they will ever know..the stuck in a rutt unable to get out day to day reality of go to work so u have a roof to sleep undr sleep so u can go to worl]k..repeat forever mundane existence

when they see someone who dares to take a step towards something mor the reaxction is to throw them stones and prevent em from ever breaking free from that dismall reality

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Valérie
@valrie
12 years ago
539 posts

You know, eventually you will prove them wrong by being wonderful you and giving them the experience of knowing a dread head in person and not in theory.

So far I have been getting many kind words and support from friends, my bf was cool when I explained that I would in fact be washing my hair, and the people who usually poo-poo me have just stayed quiet (although, I am awaiting the job/filth talks at some point.) The closest I have come to negativity so far is a lot of staring in public. I just put on a smile and keep on keepin' on.

Good luck and I am always open for dreadie-friends :)

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form