Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Apply this thinking to any situation...most especially dreadlocks~

Panterra Caraway
@panterra-caraway
13 years ago
667 posts

I ran across this today and it simply captured everything that I have tried to say about why I decided to grow dreadlocks...I think it is beautiful and perhaps it will offer peace to anyone struggling within their journey.

If you want to learn acceptance, then the next time you are caught out in the rain without a raincoat or umbrella, rather than run for shelter, allow yourself to get wet. You will be very aware of the resistance to getting wet, that instinctual urge to run for shelter, the sense of 'me'that wants to protect itself. T...his is what must be surrendered in order to stay out in the rain. When this resistance is surrendered, and you allow yourself to fully feel the experience of being soaked, then there is a sense of freedom from yourself that carries with it a sense of deep unfathomable peace. It has nothing to do with liking the rain or not liking the rain. Rather, it is letting go of the one that likes or doesn't like, the one that separates itself from the rain in the first place. And when you do that you are simply left with what is. There is no you and what is, there is simply what is. And the experience of what is is peace, is delight. It is completely open and vulnerable and complete in itself. If you apply this experience of being in the rain to any situation, any emotion, then there will be incredible freedom. It has nothing to do with the particular experience, rather it is about letting go of the one that separates itself from experience, letting go of the one that tries to control the experience. Because it is that separation that creates all conflict. ~Kip Mazuy

updated by @panterra-caraway: 02/14/15 08:39:11AM
Jess2
@jess2
13 years ago
29 posts

This is great! Thanks for posting :)

Panterra Caraway
@panterra-caraway
13 years ago
667 posts

You're welcome :)

KnottyPrincess
@knottyprincess
13 years ago
122 posts

This is beautiful. LOVE it.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

i have always said since i was 15 "i dont believe in umbrelas" everytime it rains i laugh i hold my head high and feel like dancing whike all around me these other creatures somewhat rwecognizable as humans hunch over and scurry off for shelter and look miserable at the slightest mist in the air a gentle drizzle seenms to threaten their very existence ..some cary with them a portable sheild or shelter ..a roof on a stick while others caught unprepared hold soggy newspapers above their already wet heads and still others gather under overhangs imobilized by the fear of a lil moisture..they wait and they wait for the weather to break then gather their courage and dash off into the rain wuith calls out to siblings "oh god hurry hurry your getting all wet" finaly reaching the safety of shelter and stripping off wet clothes..the rain..and how hard it came down the topic of conversations for the next 5 minutes or more..

me on the other hand.. when i see its raining i want to go out and play!

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Panterra Caraway
@panterra-caraway
13 years ago
667 posts

I too love the rain...it brings me such joy :) I love what you said SE, really beautifully put.

soaring eagle said:

i have always said since i was 15 "i dont believe in umbrelas" everytime it rains i laugh i hold my head high and feel like dancing whike all around me these other creatures somewhat rwecognizable as humans hunch over and scurry off for shelter and look miserable at the slightest mist in the air a gentle drizzle seenms to threaten their very existence ..some cary with them a portable sheild or shelter ..a roof on a stick while others caught unprepared hold soggy newspapers above their already wet heads and still others gather under overhangs imobilized by the fear of a lil moisture..they wait and they wait for the weather to break then gather their courage and dash off into the rain wuith calls out to siblings "oh god hurry hurry your getting all wet" finaly reaching the safety of shelter and stripping off wet clothes..the rain..and how hard it came down the topic of conversations for the next 5 minutes or more..

me on the other hand.. when i see its raining i want to go out and play!

Panterra Caraway
@panterra-caraway
13 years ago
667 posts

Thank you so much <3 (((HUGS)))

KnottyPrincess said:

This is beautiful. LOVE it.

baby britt
@baby-britt
13 years ago
112 posts

that sounds just like the basic principles of buddhism =)

Panterra Caraway
@panterra-caraway
13 years ago
667 posts

You know, I never thought of that! Thank you. I have been interested in Buddism my whole life and have read a few books on the subject. I especially love those by the Dalai Lama :)

baby britt said:

that sounds just like the basic principles of buddhism =)

Panterra Caraway
@panterra-caraway
13 years ago
667 posts

How awesome is that! Wow! I used to have a balcony but no longer...I miss it. But, my husband did a little thing for me...in my backyard I have a metal gazebo and my husband covered it with a tarp and put a hammock in there. On rainy days I like to lay in the hammock and read! :)

Desirae Rose said:

I like standing out on my balcony in the rain. Except, now it's getting colder so I haven't been able to do it as much. ^_^

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form