Dreadlocks Forums

Dread hq ruined my hair

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

well if u wanna set up a site let me know

baby britt said:

i'd love you help you get to number one, SE...

soaring eagle said:

well thats why i work my ass off trying to get us found 1st

under the members menu theres a members pages if 1000 members each got a page and linked to us wed be number 1 in no time

thats why im offering free hosting

so if u want a blog or page to tell your story i'll be happy to help u get it up

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 07/22/15 02:08:28PM
SpaceGhost
@spaceghost
13 years ago
37 posts

Couldn't get it out so I shaved my head. I feel like a tree with no leaves :(

Will be growing it out from now, hopefully won't ever cut it again. This time only natural products!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

damn so sorry to hear that but you should make a youtube video warning others not to use that crap

maybe theres a reason maybe something good cabn come out of it and u can save others from making that mistake

--
Max myers
@max-myers
13 years ago
2 posts

I left a question about waxing on knotty boys face book page.It stayed there for two weeks unanswered while every one else who bought products questions were answered right away.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

what was the question?

--
Max myers
@max-myers
13 years ago
2 posts

I asked if it was needed to lock your hair,or would it do it naturally.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

ohh well if they gave upth at secret theyd go out of business

they weven recomend wax when growing naural dreads and claim its what makes dreads work

they cant answerer it truthfully or theyd lose customers so they just wont answer

Max myers said:

I asked if it was needed to lock your hair,or would it do it naturally.

--
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
13 years ago
2,702 posts

I don't wan't to rant, but I have had a horrible experience with wax.

I got my first set of locks done at a salon (not DreadhadHQ). I was told to put a little was on them twice a week and not wash them for 2 months. Mind you, this was before I really knew how to take care of locks. My set now has been with me for 5 years and has never seen a product.

So I did what I was told. I would wake up every morning with a stick film on my pillow and would have to wash my hands ever ytime I touched my hair. It was gross, but I wanted locks. So after 2 months and 16 coats of wax later, I was ready to wash my hair. I hopped in the shower and started to rinse them. I was mortified. I expected to loose a little hair. You know how it is when you wash, some loose hair comes out. No, I was pulling out clumps of it. handfuls of my hair were just falling out with the running water. It had to have been because of the wax and no hair or water getting to my hair and scalp. Our bodies need water and oxygen to survive. Without either, cells die and are discarded. There was nothing I could do to save it, so I had to shave my head.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

theres a brand new salon deread recovery section u might want to share that story there too

salons truly are the worse mistake u can make

Evan Baum said:

I don't wan't to rant, but I have had a horrible experience with wax.

I got my first set of locks done at a salon (not DreadhadHQ). I was told to put a little was on them twice a week and not wash them for 2 months. Mind you, this was before I really knew how to take care of locks. My set now has been with me for 5 years and has never seen a product.

So I did what I was told. I would wake up every morning with a stick film on my pillow and would have to wash my hands ever ytime I touched my hair. It was gross, but I wanted locks. So after 2 months and 16 coats of wax later, I was ready to wash my hair. I hopped in the shower and started to rinse them. I was mortified. I expected to loose a little hair. You know how it is when you wash, some loose hair comes out. No, I was pulling out clumps of it. handfuls of my hair were just falling out with the running water. It had to have been because of the wax and no hair or water getting to my hair and scalp. Our bodies need water and oxygen to survive. Without either, cells die and are discarded. There was nothing I could do to save it, so I had to shave my head.

--
Lazdaa
@lazdaa
13 years ago
81 posts

I started out using the DH wax... And i did regret it the second i found this site, and stopped using it..

Since then i've been trying to get the wax out, don't know how much or if there is any in my hair but there probably is...

Next im probably trying the boiling stuff...

Anyone got any tips for that?

And oh jea mine where made in a saloon, i totally regret it!

/ 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form