Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Might need to say goodbye to my dreadies!

taye
@taye
13 years ago
833 posts
whoa wait a minute. You have met someone that might lead to a potential relationship. You are thinking about changing yourself for her parents...that you have never met? I think the issue should be with you and her. If she cares about who you are and accepts the whole you, that is beautiful. If she is sending those "you need to change for me and my parents" vibes.....run for the hills!!! Those "I really like you and accept you, but...." is not something you really want to deal with. Those new relationship feel good inside butterflies are not worth it. Be true to yourself. Be proud of who you are. Don't change for someone's parents. Would you change for your parents? And the whole thing about "respect"....where is the respect for YOU? Respect yourself before you respect strangers.
updated by @taye: 07/23/15 08:06:29AM
Doogie
@doogie
13 years ago
321 posts

No, no, it's not that she's trying to change me in any way it's just that her parents are just so judgemental! I'll deal with "meeting the parents" the best I can and explain to them some of the history of dreadlocks, meaning behind them how clean they actually are and so on!

Hell, for all I know I might not meet her parents for months down the road! We live 1.5hrs apart and I'm not expecting to jump into anything and move right on in! I want to build a strong foundation of friendship before I make that leap again!

lisasimpson
@lisasimpson
13 years ago
19 posts
I wonder how this turned out.....

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form