Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Natural Surrender Pics

Kenty
@kenty
5 years ago
15 posts

Anyone have any pics of their backcomb/crochet dreads left alone without any maintenance? Would be interesting to see the progress they make without any maintenance.

Thank U Wink

updated by @kenty: 02/10/19 11:43:27PM
FemalePheromones
@femalepheromones
5 years ago
414 posts
Sorry I can't help as I combed out my crocheted dreads after 6 months which is one of the best things I've ever done.

I highly recommend it.

--
I'm on Twitter @FemalePheromone
and Instagram @FemalePheromones
Kenty
@kenty
5 years ago
15 posts

If you don't mind me asking, how have you found it with employment going freeform?

FemalePheromones
@femalepheromones
5 years ago
414 posts

I was already in a job and am still there so I can't really say.

But honestly who gives a fuck? If somewhere won't hire you because of your hair then you don't want to work there anyway.

--
Kenty
@kenty
5 years ago
15 posts

True true. 

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
5 years ago
29,639 posts

i got every job i ever applied for but i only applied for jobs i really wanted

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
PoopiePants
@poopiepants
5 years ago
81 posts
FemalePheromones:
Sorry I can't help as I combed out my crocheted dreads after 6 months which is one of the best things I've ever done.

I highly recommend it.

@FemalePheromones Your locks are Freeform? For some reason I thought you had tnr's.

@kenty Freeform dreadlocks aren't the same thing as backcombed/crocheted/tnr as you pretty much form them yourself. Sure you might not maintain them afterward, but you manually form them yourself. While they all certainly do change with time, FREEFORM locks are something quite different. They Form themselves right from the start.
As for getting a job, I just tie my hair up if I feel the need to. Never had issues finding work myself(100% Freeform).
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
5 years ago
29,639 posts

interview for IT job managing 200+ web designers wore tam and tucked beard inside shirt

1st day on job arrived that way an hour later said screw it  off cam the tam dreads spilled to the flooor just as the president of the  co walks by and just says 'wow' 

later that year we were making promo materials like posters tote bags cups (we were partnered with PBS ) me and my dreads  in the photos 9( then photoshopped) had a more prominant place then even the president as kinda he company/org image for the next few years

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
FemalePheromones
@femalepheromones
5 years ago
414 posts

PoopiePants: @FemalePheromones Your locks are Freeform? For some reason I thought you had tnr's.

A bit of both. My hair thinned out quite a bit when I combed out the crochets so when I went Freeform my hair really didn't want to lock up but it did section itself. I took the sections that formed naturally and TnR'd them.

I keep meaning to do some pics or a video but keep forgetting.

--

updated by @femalepheromones: 01/15/19 02:10:39AM
Kenty
@kenty
5 years ago
15 posts
@ SE - crochet from my perspective now are no different than getting weaves/extensions. I’m so glad I snipped my crochets to enjoy a healthy start. Also I really enjoy hearing your experiences Bro!

@poopie - I think I see what u mean, freeform dreads are ie: semi freeform.
Are they still FREEFORM locks if you rub the scalp in circular motions to encourage the process?

👍
 / 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form