Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Drying your hair purposely for dreads, long term effects...

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

best for youyr hair

breaking it into l;iul peices is good?

rubber bands cause weak thin spots can be swallowed dry rot inside dreads can melt into a sticky mess in dreasds removing em after just days can undo knots

theres a dozen reasons to not use em

its just a bad risk

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 07/23/15 06:35:29PM
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

I used rubberbands at the beginning of mine. Only for 2-3 weeks, but I only only put them at the tips. I never used them near the roots. That does cause week spots. I would never do it again. And I'd tell people not to, but if they are going to go against advice, that is what they should do.

Sorry about the confusion Eagle. I though I read here that you considered tnr natural and different from neglect. Learn something new every day

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

tnr is closest method tpo natural well next best to natural cause its least damaging

thats wht was said

--
Michael Malloy
@michael-malloy
12 years ago
27 posts

wait so don't put them at the tips either?

Baba Fats said:

I used rubberbands at the beginning of mine. Only for 2-3 weeks, but I only only put them at the tips. I never used them near the roots. That does cause week spots. I would never do it again. And I'd tell people not to, but if they are going to go against advice, that is what they should do.

Sorry about the confusion Eagle. I though I read here that you considered tnr natural and different from neglect. Learn something new every day

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

i wouldnt put em in any at all ever

if anything..a bead

beads cannt get swallowed

beads dont constrivct thiamiters the diamiter no squeezing constantly from elasticity

beads dont dry rot or melt into sticky messes

beads dont break leaving chnks inside dreads

if anything leave em in 1 night only

if your paranoid bout 1st nites sleep

or for 1st wash then remove right after

]it takes 1 day for knots to form around em

partialy swallowed in 4

completely lost inside in a week ..not everyttime but can that fast

in 2 weeks can become a sticky melted mess

Michael Malloy said:

wait so don't put them at the tips either?

Baba Fats said:

--
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

if you use bands, do so like Eagle said, but ONLY put them at the tips. No reason to construct the root. That's the important part. If you put them in the middle of the lock you, you're putting tension and squeezing it when it doesn't need it. The tips will loosen up and get wispy again. If you do it anywhere else, it'll harm the strength of the lock

/ 3
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form