Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Starting dreadlocks from fresh but a little nervous

Josh6
@josh6
13 years ago
53 posts

But I watched on the video on this site for tnr (the non english speaking girl from youtube) and she tnr'd her dread right until the tip of it and palm rolled it to smooth it out. Should I tnr every dread to the end on the first day?

updated by @josh6: 07/13/15 12:35:33PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

take a section do a tnr see how long it takes it wont take long ..it takes a dfew min to get a base of knots started the 1st few tnr's will seem to do nothing at all but once u get some knots going it speeds up and wont take too long each dread but then u gotta take he time it takes to do 1 and multiply by 30-40 (average medium size dreads)

how thick do u want em cause they will seem way thinner at 1st and u shouldnt go by how thicjk they look but by the root sextion sizes

Josh said:

okay, i'll commit. this all sounds very good.

So here is my situation as it stands. I have a couple friends helping me get started, I'm going to section off my hair and make sure no roots are intertwined with others. Do the tnr method for [not sure how long i should start each one off so they don't untangle]. Once each dread has been started take out the rubber bands and in my free time over the next while sit in front of a mirror and finish each one individually.

Right?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

it wont matter if u do or not they wont stay tnr'ed to the tip the tip will come loose and then dread up if u onky tnr 1 inch in three center it stuill will dread uop just the same

tnr isnt even neded its an extra step

if u just get 1 knot in it only and that knot stays more will fiollow

if the tips are loose,...leave em loose

theres nothing to fix that time wont take care of

she was doing that as a demo only her dreads were already dreads

Josh said:

But I watched on the video on this site for tnr (the non english speaking girl from youtube) and she tnr'd her dread right until the tip of it and palm rolled it to smooth it out. Should I tnr every dread to the end on the first day?

--
Josh6
@josh6
13 years ago
53 posts

Okay sounds good. I want them to end up as thick as the picture i provided. I guess it all depends on how thick my hair is. I'm assuming that as a section of hair gets tnr'd it gets wider and shrinks. How much does it typically shrink in length?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

it shrinks uo to 1/2 ri=ight away thebn another 1/2 as it dreads the longer it is to start the more it shrinks it can shrink from ass to ear

but if its just to shoulders it will shrink to chin

if u want em the thickness in the pic the average is between pencil and sharpee size 1/4 inch to 1/2 inch sections

bout 65-75 dreads at a guess

depends i=on if more are on the thicker or thinner side

--
Josh6
@josh6
13 years ago
53 posts

pencil thick chunk of hair or pencil width section from the scalp?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

the size they are coming from the scalp will be the size they end up when mature about

they will tart off liooking way thinner though if u make a pensil thin dread to start it can thicken up to 3 times that size or more

Josh said:

pencil thick chunk of hair or pencil width section from the scalp?

--
Josh6
@josh6
13 years ago
53 posts

yeah im not really looking for an ultra thick dread something mainly just to hold my hair down and give it that dread look. So I should section about 1/4 inch by 1/4 inch of hair and tnr that

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

yea

some lil thicker but average bout that size

--
Josh6
@josh6
13 years ago
53 posts

okay and it will probably take at least a year for it to finish the dread itself after the tnr?

/ 10

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form