Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Starting dreadlocks from fresh but a little nervous

Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts

well, i took the picture and put it in adobe photoshop and zoomed in. it looks braided on the front sections. it might be a combo of t&r and natural though since i can't see the rest of his hair.

soaring eagle said:

u think? could be i thought they looked natural

Heather said:

from the picture, the guy looks like he did t&r. some of them look a bit braided. t&r and sea salt sprays are all you'd need.

updated by @heather: 07/03/15 05:23:58AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

i rdid too till it was pixilated and i think i see what u think u se if u mean the thickedr 1 i think thats just the texture but if u mean the thiner ones..could be but could be just the way theres several reak thin ones criss crossing but its hard to tell

but im sure youd agree theyre not backcombed and definately not waxed

id also guess under a year old

Heather said:

well, i took the picture and put it in adobe photoshop and zoomed in. it looks braided on the front sections. it might be a combo of t&r and natural though since i can't see the rest of his hair.

soaring eagle said:

u think? could be i thought they looked natural

Heather said:

from the picture, the guy looks like he did t&r. some of them look a bit braided. t&r and sea salt sprays are all you'd need.

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Josh6
@josh6
13 years ago
53 posts

sounds intense, but a lot of work. I might just buy the dread shampoo from dreadhead hq for simplicity and worry about that wash for when I have dreads

Castaway J
@castaway-j
13 years ago
585 posts

im mad i havent been washing like this my whole life. bs, oils n stuff.

Josh said:

sounds intense, but a lot of work. I might just buy the dread shampoo from dreadhead hq for simplicity and worry about that wash for when I have dreads

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

i wouldnt

dreadheadhq causes dandruff and u gotta use alot and it doesnt get u clean u can use it then do the bs seconds later and the rinse water wuill be brown to black

nothing cleans like baking soda and it cures the worse dandruff if u add the oils

adfter useing it id never i[use soap again ever

Josh said:

--
BoomBiddyByeBye
@boombiddybyebye
13 years ago
13 posts
I wouldn't use shampoo....I haven't washed my hair with shampoo for 2 and a bit months(since I started dreading) and my hair feels healthier than its ever been and its clean.. My hair always used to get dry and frizz up from normal shampoos because my hair is thick and quite curly.. So I'd say jus go with BS/ACV.... After a week or two.. Ull probably look back and say it was the best decision uve ever made
Josh6
@josh6
13 years ago
53 posts

okay, i'll commit. this all sounds very good.

So here is my situation as it stands. I have a couple friends helping me get started, I'm going to section off my hair and make sure no roots are intertwined with others. Do the tnr method for [not sure how long i should start each one off so they don't untangle]. Once each dread has been started take out the rubber bands and in my free time over the next while sit in front of a mirror and finish each one individually.

Right?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

what do u mean finnish no u start em then u leave em alone let time finnish them if u keep tnring over and over u undo progress and they diont dread u can do that a full year every day and not progreess at all then dont touch them for 1 week and see more progress in a week then the whole year

once u tnr ..dont touch em except to seperate

--
Castaway J
@castaway-j
13 years ago
585 posts

with a friend, sectioning, then helping your TnR it should take more than i dont know how many hours, but not over the span of days lol

/ 10

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form