Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

help!!

Andréa Columbus
@andra-columbus
13 years ago
7 posts

Use a crochet hook, there's tutorials on youtube! Or you can do the twist'n'rip method. There's tutorials on that on youtube as well! :)

updated by @andra-columbus: 07/13/15 01:34:40PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

hell no do not use a crochert hook thats horible advice

dont desrroy your dreads

Andra Columbus said:

Use a crochet hook, there's tutorials on youtube! Or you can do the twist'n'rip method. There's tutorials on that on youtube as well! :)

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Castaway J
@castaway-j
13 years ago
585 posts

RC Will, you got it right but you are wrong at the same time. first off Andrea was trolling weeks ago about crochet, and after about a week of trolling she decides to say ok guys i should stop trolling you about crochet.

sure it may work for some people it may not for some. easy. but the fact remains that it is none the less damaging to not only you hair but the "dread" locking process as well. with that in mind SE simply wants you to know the risks before you make the decision to do so. he has helped plenty of people recover their locks from the crochet needle, and wheni say recover i mean they were damaged and needed extra care to get better, IE more time till the hair actually started "dreading" and you can browse yourself and see how many people ended up DREADING their decision to go crochet.

it worked for you though, right on man keep it going. as you said thats not the case for everyone though so before they make that decision they should know the risks they are taking. its just an honest site for people to find honest solutions for the lies that are not only being sold to people but pushed on as well.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

anyone has the rigght to trash their dreads

they do not have the right to recomend others trash their dreads

--
Castaway J
@castaway-j
13 years ago
585 posts

ok so why do you still argue, you say it yourself which is all that is trying to be said :)

RC Will -"Someone with an addiction to their hook should throw it away."

Helen sparrow
@helen-sparrow
13 years ago
3 posts
Hi There, I am fairly new to this site, I can't believe there are people on here that are suggesting people crochet there hair! I have known alot of people who have done this, and it's all well and good there dreads look amazing until oh no there dreads FALL OFF. The crocheting weakens the dreads at the roots! without a solid foundation nothing can withstand the test of time!!!
ExaltHimx7
@exalthimx7
13 years ago
336 posts

the whole point of this site is to promote healthy dreading, not to damage your hair...IMHO if you don't like that aspect then keep your opinions to yourself or choose another site, but you can't expect welcome arms for arguing or promoting unhealthy habits ... with utmost respect...Nancy

Helen sparrow
@helen-sparrow
13 years ago
3 posts

Hee hee it's kinda like 'if you can't stand the frizz get out of the forum :-) There are plenty of places online people can go discuss ways of getting instant results, but this is the wrong place, if you don't want dreads the natural way then find somewhere else, but like I said before people who go for quick results just end up with such weak roots that the dreads end up falling off, and of course these people end up devastated wishing they hadn't gone there. If you want your dreads to last a life time then give them time, it's all they need :-) Namaste

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

rc

you say over crocheting can be very damagig

so

how can alittle be ok? its still very damaging just not to the same extent

is 1000 bro=ken hairs ok but not 10,000?

what makes it ok to amputate a finger but not an arm when you dont gotta do either?

there was a guy that had a crow bar impale him through the hed and survive and a duck that got an arrow through the head and survived so by your logic this guy should be able to go on a medical/health forum and tell ppl its ok to have metal objects thrust through theyre heads cause after all it only kills 99.999% of those who do it

its true that crocheting once wont make your dreads break (probably) but its not a smart thing to do even once and its totaly iresponcible to ever suggest it be used

--

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form