Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Five months in and no hairline dread-action

Thundersquall
@thundersquall
13 years ago
235 posts

So given my heritage i admit it is a tad disappointing to have to post this, but be that is it may i will, lol. I am like five months in now and the front of my hairline in the very front still hasn't dreaded. It is tangled sure, but certaintly not like the rest of my head. Increasing or decreasing washing hasnt seemed to help nor hinder it. I almost wonder if perhaps the shampoos that i use, though excellent for hair lacking moisture, are in fact "too moisturizing" but then again if they were, the rest of my head would not have made such excellent progress.

Im not sure what else to do at this point. Tips? Particularly for Halfrican hair?

updated by @thundersquall: 01/13/15 09:02:42PM
Thundersquall
@thundersquall
13 years ago
235 posts
This is it at five months btw.
hava
@hava
13 years ago
3 posts
I'm not sure what your 'heritage' is but i presume it's human like me :D In which case your hair will just do whatever it wants. If that's not ok, maybe you could do t&r? To me they look awesome!
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
13 years ago
849 posts
they look incredible for only being 5 months old!!!!! Try switching up your shampoo and see what happens maybe alternate the more moisturizing shampoos with something a tad more drying? Either way fantastic progress they are really coming along!! Much Love
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

the hairline always is last to dread and will always have lkose hairs ..what to do..wait..your only 5 months in

by a year they will be much better

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Earthstudios
@earthstudios
13 years ago
108 posts

I'm almost a year in and many spots still havent dreaded yet... Time, Time, Time... I bet by 2-3 years mine will be fully dreaded :)

Keep knottin...

Thundersquall
@thundersquall
13 years ago
235 posts
I will do that. As always, preciate the support ya'll.

Earthstudios said:

I'm almost a year in and many spots still havent dreaded yet... Time, Time, Time... I bet by 2-3 years mine will be fully dreaded :)

Keep knottin...

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form