Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

nazarene locks

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
from my research there never was a nazereth at that timeno historical record of any town by that name, so its believed that name refers to him being a nazaritebut im no expert thats just from the lil research i did

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 07/23/15 04:56:54PM
D!
@d
15 years ago
44 posts
True enough Nazareth was not even a town during Christ's lifetime... soaringeagle said:
from my research there never was a nazereth at that time
no historical record of any town by that name, so its believed that name refers to him being a nazarite
but im no expert thats just from the lil research i did
Angel
@angel
15 years ago
77 posts
Very interesting, I was having a conversation with my girlfriend a couple days ago. And I mentioned jesus had to have dreads, if no combs or brush existed. (even tho I'm not sure if they did or not)
MooseHead
@moosehead
15 years ago
9 posts
I love that Jesus possibly had dreads. Gives me yet another argument on my behalf for my extremely religious grandparents who will most likely be against my decision to dread.
Marianas Trench
@marianas-trench
15 years ago
20 posts
Well, he wasn't black, LOL, he was Jewish. And a carpenter, he had much darker skin than today's Jews. In between Jewish and Arabic. Considering the beginnings with Abraham between Arabs (jew/egyptian) and Jews (just jew) I'm not surprised that he would be darker skinned, though not black, my friend :) But does it really matter what his skin color is? Iain said:
that very interesting,
I could only imagine what the majority of Christians would say to that fact, I already see some of them heat up to the mere suggestion that jesus was black instead of a fair skinned man with nice pretty hair.
Marianas Trench
@marianas-trench
15 years ago
20 posts
Agreed very much, sir! John 1:1 "In the beginning was the Word. And the word was with God, and the Word was God." He may have kept with custom, but then again Jesus had a knack, according to scripture, for bucking the system. So I wouldn't be surprised if he did have dreads after he started his 3 year ministry. And that baptist johnny... Man, I bet he had killer dreads after all the time in the wilderness! Stephen Horner said:
I think that the Word of God is true (since God is true and powerful enough to preserve His Word) in verses Matthew 2:23, Mark 1:2, etc......) and that Jesus was from a small town called Nazareth. I think it is not unreasonable to think that he is a Nazarite since he is the Son of JAH and is closest to JAH in that he is JAH made flesh. Did he have dreads, I think so. Some think he kept short hair which was the custom of all devout Jewish men in that time in Israel. I guess you could go either way. The Word of God does say this though about Christ's return "His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire;" (Revelation 1:14 KJV).

One Love and Livity in Yeshua,
Stephen
Kundalini Rise
@kundalini-rise
14 years ago
67 posts
Very interesting thread, I think it is feature worthy, although, don't want to overload the first page.

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form