Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

life expectancy of Crochet'd dreads

NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
13 years ago
849 posts
oh god the shedding! I know what ya mean! I was finding 3ft longhairs everywhere before dreading! i Do NOT miss that!! lol! My hair was just above my bum now it between my chin & my shoulders now!! eek! oh well hopefully it will be long again eventually! I wonder if it takes any longer to gain length when starting with long hair vs starting locks with short hair? It's crazy how some people have locks to their butt in 2 years and others have shoulder length in 3 or 4. I've always wondered why? Is it just that some people's hair grows waaayyy faster then others??

Dave said:

I only maintained a couple of weeks but i was a little excessive(every couple of days kinda thing, it was a confidence thing) and they were quite stiff and hard when i got here, still got some spots that are rock solid but overall they are ok IMO.

Naturalwoman-

My hair was half way down my back when i started and i can tell you i shed more hair around the house than a dog,split ends hell yeah i reckon everyone of them, after b.comb and crochet they didnt even touch my shoulders 1yr on and they are back on my shoulders now.(yay!)

Funny really cos i'd been kinda neglecting my hair for over a decade if someone had told me to stop brushing back then....oh well.

updated by @naturalwomyn: 07/09/15 09:56:09PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

i have 2 freinds who started theyre dreads ariund the same time as me (1 the exact same week the other a year after)

the 1 who started a year after me is on this site inity 1 theyre about a foot from his feet

the other that started the same week as me (1/2 african american) his are just 6 or 8 invches pasy his shoulders...after 20 years!

NaturalWomyn said:

oh god the shedding! I know what ya mean! I was finding 3ft longhairs everywhere before dreading! i Do NOT miss that!! lol! My hair was just above my bum now it between my chin & my shoulders now!! eek! oh well hopefully it will be long again eventually! I wonder if it takes any longer to gain length when starting with long hair vs starting locks with short hair? It's crazy how some people have locks to their butt in 2 years and others have shoulder length in 3 or 4. I've always wondered why? Is it just that some people's hair grows waaayyy faster then others??

Dave said:

I only maintained a couple of weeks but i was a little excessive(every couple of days kinda thing, it was a confidence thing) and they were quite stiff and hard when i got here, still got some spots that are rock solid but overall they are ok IMO.

Naturalwoman-

My hair was half way down my back when i started and i can tell you i shed more hair around the house than a dog,split ends hell yeah i reckon everyone of them, after b.comb and crochet they didnt even touch my shoulders 1yr on and they are back on my shoulders now.(yay!)

Funny really cos i'd been kinda neglecting my hair for over a decade if someone had told me to stop brushing back then....oh well.

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form