Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

seems they are changing very quickly

Lola
@lola
14 years ago
7 posts
i twistandripped my hair during the first couple weeks of october and i am thinking they are going through this whole dreading thing very quickly..it hasn't even been a full month and they are already soo wild and full of awesome loops and craziness....is that a good sign ? i haven't done anything to them since i finished putting them all in except wash them once a week with diluted dr.bronners and a lemon clarifying shampoo on my scalphow long should i expect them to be in this stage ? ..what is the next stage?thanks !
updated by @lola: 01/13/15 08:48:36PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
good time to start seperating if u dont want congos but thats absolutely great progress

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Tom Twedd
@tom-twedd
14 years ago
28 posts
I love the loopy stage!Their coming along really well, and i think the loops and bumps is the hair moving around before they knot up really tight, i think you lose a bit of length next, not sure though, can anyone clarify ?Amazing dreads anyway sister
Mandy2
@mandy2
14 years ago
55 posts
yeah next you start losing length as the hair actually locks up. afterwards you will have your new growth come in and grow into your locks until they become really tight, and they will fatten up a bit as that happens.it's great that your locks are moving along so quickly! mine did the same thing, they came together really fast. i'm now nearly a year in and mine keeps hopping back and forth between stages. i still have mad loopies, to the extent that my hair looks really curly but it's actually really fine and straight. for the past 6mos.+ I have been going back and forth from a loopy stage to a new growth stage, over and over. I'm wondering if maybe you will have the same thing happen as time goes on.It seems as though everyone is different in their journey, no two dreads are ever alike. I even have dreads on my head that are progressing far faster than others, meaning different lengths, maturity, and looks. That's what makes everything so fun, though! :)
Tom Twedd
@tom-twedd
14 years ago
28 posts
Thanks mandy!And i agree, all the different stages and unique dreads are the best bits of dreading!
Lola
@lola
14 years ago
7 posts
oh yay ! thanks for all the encouragement :D ..i do look forward to see what they will do next ..it almost seemed like i just woke up one morning with mad loopiness, though they aren't all as crazy as the ones in the pictures..but they aall have a loop or two at least ..............i mostly have to pull them apart after they have dried a bit from washing..it does seem kinda like in the back there are more of them toward the nape of my neck..but i'm not sure, i can't see the back of my head too well with a mirror :P
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form