Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Different Dread Methods Clarified

taye
@taye
14 years ago
833 posts
oh and as for being a lion rawrrrr. I think what bothers me more than anything is a personal attack. On an earlier forum i felt as though i personally was called a liar. I am not a liar. and i am sure that word has caused pain to others today. My "mixed " dreads have never touched wax. never touched chemicals. and if i personally consider that to be natural....how can i be a liar? Words like that will push people away from this forum. My personal opinions are not lies. My daughter could not believe the change in my attitude this afternoon. When i found this forum i was so excited.....i mean really...finally...a place to get educated and to share. Then the first time i comment on anything..i feel attacked. and then to have my feelings belittled....man whoa way too much.....draw people in for gods sake don't push them away. And please don't think that i am directing this to you Island Mamma i am speaking to the whole forum.
updated by @taye: 07/23/15 06:40:17PM
taye
@taye
14 years ago
833 posts
and another thing....i can't believe i read this correctly...and shame on the person that said this....after calling someone else a liar.....telling them( if in their opinion they considered their dreads natural they were a liar) that if they wanted them to be natural...to comb them out and start all over. How is this right? If a person is saying they backcombed and didn't use any wax or chemicals and in their opinion they consider this natural....what lie was said? exactly how did they lie? and who has the right to call them names? to me liar is the worst name to call anyone.
taye
@taye
14 years ago
833 posts
Thank you Rawsum.....but this is really disturbing....not making a very good impression at all.
sourabh thakur
@sourabh-thakur
14 years ago
83 posts
how difficult it is to understand this?c its like we have different genres for films horror / thriller / drama / indiewe have made them so that it is easy to categorize them specially when someone is trying to spread some knowledge. tomorrow Hitchcock will get up and say my movies were more dramatic than many "drama" films so i ll put them in drama section. it doesnt help coz we r not bothered about the actual meaning of the word but we r just trying to categorize them, so it is easy to talk about them maybe. and it doesnt really mean any film in any genre is superior just by being in that genre and does not even mean a horror movie is not dramatic.

Violet said:
i stand by what i have said, all dreads are natural that do not use harmful chemicals
and or wax to start them with. yours are simply separation method, you are using your hands has tools to manipulate rip and to separate your dreads to the way you want them. comb used as a tool, no different, period. Weather you like it or not, your separation method is just a damaging to the hair as the other methods you are ripping and separatingyour hair to your liking. All except the neglect method requires ripping, breaking of the hair which causes damage.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
what the hell there is no seperation method there is a natural methodyou can stand by what you said but you are standing by a lieif your dreads were not natural method they were not naturalwhy is that so hard to get?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
sourabh thakur
@sourabh-thakur
14 years ago
83 posts
separation method as a name does not really work because in most of the methods u do separate. just coz u tnr or backcomb does not mean u do not separate. if u want the dreads of particular size u separate. its like calling it washing method because in natural method u wash. the point here is how r the knots formed . they r not formed by separating. separating is just a maintenance. in natural method knots r formed naturally unlike other methods where u make them form by some or the other starter method.

Violet said:
SE stop calling me a liar and get some insight . its like trying to talk to a brick wall with you. all dreads that formed with natural products or absent of, like wax and chemicals, and use natural products are natural. get it? leave it alone already. As for the name i suggested for your type of dreads, it make sense, because you are trying to categorize it, separation method describes exactly what you do with your hairyou simply separate your dreads and rip them, period. if you don't like it, come up with a name that fits for just your type of method and not the general wide spread method that everyone uses on this site. .its like saying you have black hair and i have blond hair but because I and many other people have blond hair some how its not real hair. And finally I want to say to all of you out there, That we who have use a Variety of natural methods such as the use of all natural products rather than harmful chemicals and wax etc to form natural dreadlocksRock on with your Natural dread selves and peace out.
Jdwood
@jdwood
14 years ago
275 posts
I was going to say the same thing as Sourabh.It's really about how they are formed and not what they are ... If some one ask me how I got my dreads I just say well I stopped brushing my hair and they naturally formed simple as that. What else am I my going to say?

Violet said:
SE stop calling me a liar and get some insight . its like trying to talk to a brick wall with you. all dreads that formed with natural products or absent of, like wax and chemicals, and use natural products are natural. get it? leave it alone already. As for the name i suggested for your type of dreads, it make sense, because you are trying to categorize it, separation method describes exactly what you do with your hairyou simply separate your dreads and rip them, period. if you don't like it, come up with a name that fits for just your type of method and not the general wide spread method that everyone uses on this site. .its like saying you have black hair and i have blond hair but because I and many other people have blond hair some how its not real hair. And finally I want to say to all of you out there, That we who have use a Variety of natural methods such as the use of all natural products rather than harmful chemicals and wax etc to form natural dreadlocksRock on with your Natural dread selves and peace out.
Faelwynn
@faelwynn
14 years ago
362 posts
The problem here is that though I might have laid down a t&r foundation, any new hair that grows in is natural dreading...it's not like I'm t&r'ing the new growth. At this point, 90% of my dreads were started with t&r, I have one that knotted completely on it's own (started as a t&r dread, but the new growth split, and I cut it free...so no part of that dread was ever t&r'd) and one that I lightly backcombed. I think this categorizing mess is (as the english would say ) 'bollocks'. It's like trying to categorize people into cliques... goth, punk, prep, ect. I don't fall into any of these, because (I believe) people are much too diverse to pin down to one group (or even a number of groups). Plus, people are completely dynamic; always changing and growing. Dreads are exactly the same. As was stated before, if I didn't tell people that I started with t&r, no one could even guess it now, at over a year into the process.

sourabh thakur said:
separation method as a name does not really work because in most of the methods u do separate. just coz u tnr or backcomb does not mean u do not separate. if u want the dreads of particular size u separate. its like calling it washing method because in natural method u wash. the point here is how r the knots formed . they r not formed by separating. separating is just a maintenance. in natural method knots r formed naturally unlike other methods where u make them form by some or the other starter method.

Violet said:
Faelwynn
@faelwynn
14 years ago
362 posts
This entire set of discussions is really (pun fully intended) a written splitting of hairs. We aren't going to have an ultimate winner here because everyone interprets things a little bit differently. I am of the opinion that the english language doesn't have nearly enough words to describe everything we would like to label or convey, and that's 99% of our problem.
neil coe
@neil-coe
14 years ago
361 posts
well then your still t&r, just cause hair grows in and ya let it go, why would you claim the 10 percent natural part , instead of the 90 percent t&r, its not like your selling yourself short by saying this, nothing is wrong with starting your dreads that way, so claim it, you t&r with no products, good for you, i think its more of in ppls minds that if they dont claim natural, then they feel like their dreads are being called fake, nope they are still dreads, and you should be proud you have dreads, and you should be proud of how you started them, not claiming natural cause it sounds better,

/ 4

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form