Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

has anyone started dreads with backcomb then u crochet, and only crocheted once?

Mikey Mikez
@mikey-mikez
14 years ago
90 posts
i dont see a reason why they woudnt turn out well...
updated by @mikey-mikez: 07/18/15 08:50:30AM
Jackal
@jackal
14 years ago
132 posts
yah i backcombed then for the first month or so i would use the dhhq loose hair tool 2.0 to crochet segments of hair that would come out.. it was a lot flatter than a crochet hook and much skinnier (my one saving grace), but they turned out well when i stopped.. it didnt take long for them to frizz up a little and then lock back into place. but mine turned out just fine with little to no (apparant) breakage
David Burnsed
@david-burnsed
11 years ago
1 posts

thoose are comforting words from what i have been hearing about the crochet method. i guess every subculture has its skeptics and ranking order,but that is not why i started locking. i did to re-establish my identity and try to showcase the roots of my soul. what i have been hearing tonight i must admit, has put me on edge but you have solidified my confidence and allowed me to push forward into my initial goal. kudos and i thank you

Steph said:

Mine are crochet and i love them. Some people view it as cheating, but i see it as artistic expression as I have created my dreads as an image of what I personally love and find attractive about dreads and what i feel will suit me. Some of my crochet are a year old and as long as you dont wash them too often with norm shampoos they stay lovely. Like every other dreader i have loops, loose bits and waves. Roots may need crocheting in every so often, but as long as you treat them well you dont need excessive maintainance. Personally I see it as a great starting point and headstart, especially if you require neatness and form urgently for our fast paced and stereotypical world.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

hers were a year old shes still crocheting so they never really recovered annd dreaded properly

it will take you 6 months from today before they even start to dread

and therees always that 1 in 1000 that cant accept the fact they made a mistake so stuburnly insist its a good idea

David Burnsed said:

thoose are comforting words from what i have been hearing about the crochet method. i guess every subculture has its skeptics and ranking order,but that is not why i started locking. i did to re-establish my identity and try to showcase the roots of my soul. what i have been hearing tonight i must admit, has put me on edge but you have solidified my confidence and allowed me to push forward into my initial goal. kudos and i thank you

Steph said:

Mine are crochet and i love them. Some people view it as cheating, but i see it as artistic expression as I have created my dreads as an image of what I personally love and find attractive about dreads and what i feel will suit me. Some of my crochet are a year old and as long as you dont wash them too often with norm shampoos they stay lovely. Like every other dreader i have loops, loose bits and waves. Roots may need crocheting in every so often, but as long as you treat them well you dont need excessive maintainance. Personally I see it as a great starting point and headstart, especially if you require neatness and form urgently for our fast paced and stereotypical world.

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

oh and 1 year after posting she posts my dreads are gone

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags