Dreadlocks Forums

thinking about going natural

Heather
@heather
14 years ago
1,291 posts
okay. will do. thanks:) soaringeagle said:
if they get over an inch id seperate em
if 2 sections start to grow together and the roots sections over an inch id seperate em

updated by @heather: 07/09/15 10:37:44PM
Heather
@heather
14 years ago
1,291 posts
i definitely have natural texture. i just hope it doesn't take years to figure out what to do. i also don't want to walk around like i just rolled out of bed. any suggestions for keeping it presentable in the real world without prohibiting it from doing it's thing? Cat Lady said:
If you have any natural texture whatsoever in your hair, I'm sure it will knot up fairly quickly! My hair is soft, fine, and has NO CURL WHATSOEVER. I stopped brushing a little less than two weeks ago, and I'm now getting some fuzzy/knotty sections already now that I've started using salt spray.
Heather
@heather
14 years ago
1,291 posts
ya, i hope it's not a year before i see some knotting. thanks for the response!
Lex
@lex
14 years ago
217 posts
I washed with Lush squeaky green bar soap and dishsoap, the same things I wash with now. I did not use sea salt, and I did wear wool hats.It probably isn't normal, I just have the softest silkiest hair. Looking back on it I am sure it did not help that it was just shorter then my shoulders, and I did not spend much time outside, so the only thing encouraging knotting was me sleeping, and I don't move at all in my sleep.all in all, a pretty extreme set of circumstances.
Heather
@heather
14 years ago
1,291 posts
not sure if i'll have the patience to wait a year or two for knotting to start but i guess i could always tnr to help it along.
Heather
@heather
14 years ago
1,291 posts
well i washed with my maylee garden soap tonight then sprayed it with ocean water. hopefully this works. i would much rather have more organic, random sized dreads vs. the backcombed ones i took out.when should i start separating them? should i give them a few weeks to get established first? i don't want to end up with big sections. do you just do it by feel?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
i do it by feel and it depends how fast its dreading some ppl had to seperate daily for awhile others never had to for months and monthsif u find big sections form split em if 2 sections start to connect, seperate em..

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Heather
@heather
14 years ago
1,291 posts
should i separate when they're wet or dry or does it matter? also, should i wear anything over my hair when i sleep?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
wets easierand well if u wantwool will help u dreadsome ppl finger comb theyre hair uin theyre sleep so its a help to keep fingers awaybut mostly its psychological backcombers fear tthe unravel so wear something to prevent iti never did but if u wanna u canit may mean more seperating tho

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Heather
@heather
14 years ago
1,291 posts
okay. i'd rather not wear anything on my head when i sleep. i'm more likely to touch my hair throughout the day. i'm gonna have to work on not doing that.is it okay to wear it up or pulled back with a scarf during the day? it will probably help keep my hands out of it and make it a little more presentable. soaringeagle said:
wets easier
and well if u want
wool will help u dread
some ppl finger comb theyre hair uin theyre sleep so its a help to keep fingers away
but mostly its psychological backcombers fear tthe unravel so wear something to prevent it

i never did but if u wanna u can
it may mean more seperating tho

/ 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form