dreaducation too

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 07/10/15 01:30:59AM
Mr Nice
@mr-nice
14 years ago
14 posts
Hey guys!I've got all the gear I need for my hair (Dr Bronners Tea Tree, salt water solution, elastic bands, hair clips), and will be doing my dreads this coming weekend. Couple of quick questions though...- How long should I wait before I wash my new dreads?- Can I get them wet during this initial period before washing them?- I get the feeling that tying off my new dreads with elastic bands after TnR them is not a good idea, why is this? Is there an alternative to using elastic bands? Beads?- In the early days, how likely are the dreads to become loose, or even unravel? What about in bed - should I wear some kind of hat?Wish me luck...Thanks =)
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
bands unknot knots when removerd and if not removed get swallowed dry rot inside the dreads and are grossu dont gotta waitwash when u feel u need to a few days is fineweraring something to bed is optional if your paraniod then do it if not its not really much help except ass a comfort thing so your not afraid of it unravelingit will loosein..it had to but unravel not too likely with t&r

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Mr Nice
@mr-nice
14 years ago
14 posts
Thanks =)
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts
welcome to the site! I just wanted to throw in my 2 cents here because you've been given extremely good advice already! :o) I know you want "perfect" dreads but there really is no such thing. I would hate for you to have this idealized image in your mind of what they're going to look like and then get discouraged because they resemble nothing that you were expecting. No matter the method you will have some crazy, messy and just bad hair days...for a while. If that's not something you can or want to deal with then I would reconsider allowing your hair to dread or at least think long and hard about your choice. Many Blessings
Mr Nice
@mr-nice
14 years ago
14 posts
Hi, my hair is all sectioned and I have half a dozen or so freshly rolled TnR's.I'm a little concerned that they are standing up, and not laying down. I thought this was one of the benefits of using TnR - no clown-like dreads? Will they settle down, or have I down something wrong?Thanks
Lex
@lex
14 years ago
217 posts
They will settle down :) you didn't do anything wrong you just put them in tight which will probably slow down any unraveling that might happen later.
Mr Nice
@mr-nice
14 years ago
14 posts
Thanks Lex. They're better already... =)

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form