Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Hey everyone, my situation.

Tony Goodtime
@tony-goodtime
14 years ago
57 posts
Hey guys,im back to share my little story with the family here on the forums.Ok lets start offf like this, we all know alot of people here wouldnt recommend going to a salon for dreads.but i got real inpatient and couldnt wait for it to do it naturally. So i found a salon thats known for locks.i went to the salon and basicly sat down with this chick, and made sur she EXACTLY knew what i wanted. we talked and talked and talked untill i knew for fact that she knew wat i wanted.Now with that said, she used the back combing, and twist method. (no rip)the only problem was i didnt bring any product with me to make up for the wax. so i had to use it lol. but i honestly dont care cause once my hair locks up im gonna start using the best products to keep my dreads clean.I saw another topic of someone who went to a salon and got like "braided dreads" i guess he called them, this is basicly wut i have. so for the guy who went to the salon and wasnt happy with it, if u havnt already taken them out, dont. they will lock up and shhit and u will like it evetualy.heres some pics of what i had done. they arnt dreads yet, but they will be. so dont hate on me.Also i kno people have listed products in the past for me, but anyone have any wax removal product,or really good dread shampoo i can start using when it locks up finaly?heres a pic http://i52.tinypic.com/jzi551.jpg http://i55.tinypic.com/xmog1s.jpg For anyone thinking about going to a salon for dreads, just make sure that the salon is known for locking, and make sure you talk with the ladie with all the details about how u want it done. and u should be fine.
updated by @tony-goodtime: 02/14/15 09:37:25AM
Tony Goodtime
@tony-goodtime
14 years ago
57 posts
lolyeah no1 opinion does, i was just putting it out there.but thanks, ima look into it.
Tony Goodtime
@tony-goodtime
14 years ago
57 posts
really? wowz ok thankss man.
Tony Goodtime
@tony-goodtime
14 years ago
57 posts
should i leave this wax in for like a few weeks b4 removing it? this is only 1 day old lol. i dont want it to untwist. she told me to not wet me hair at alll to it locks preety much
Panterra Caraway
@panterra-caraway
14 years ago
667 posts
You know Tony, you basically defended this lady at the salon and said how you talked and talked, etc....but whether you talked and talked or not...you made the same mistakes as many newbies here. You used wax...not ok for one time or any times. And you listened to a woman who obviously doesn't know anything about dreads because she told you to not wet your hair. First off, you are correct that they aren't dreads yet. Dreads are born and not made. Dreads become dreads when the hair has the ability to move and form. Right now, your hair is stuck together goo. Hair knots the most during sleep and when being washed. Waxed, dirty hair does not dread! You need to get that wax out asap! And if the hair unravels...well, that's ok...cuz what you have aren't dreads anyway. You didn't have to sit through what you did...you could have just kept washing your hair (with the correct items) and not combing your hair and your dreads would have just happened. Please take care of that wax situation and do wash your hair when you normally would (every couple of days). I can tell you really want dreads, but at the moment you haven't even started....good luck and keep us posted.
Tony Goodtime
@tony-goodtime
14 years ago
57 posts
trueee thatt, yeah i was inpatient. ima get to ordering body wash asap and get the wax out. ima just twist the body wash into each dread and hope they stay together after i was it all out.thanks again
Tony Goodtime
@tony-goodtime
14 years ago
57 posts
i see, i could try that. so you think once i get the wax out of the dreads it will untwist unless i rip the end or wutever to form a not?i was hoping it would stay together after the wash without that but if i need to do it, ill do it i guess. ima need to look some videos up on how to actually do that. cause im already all twisted up so im just gonna clean 1 by 1 like u said and then start to tnr them.i even told the ladie at the salon, "you use wax? i heard wax is no good, it leaves nasty shit in ur dreads"she said no lol
Tony Goodtime
@tony-goodtime
14 years ago
57 posts
yeah aight coool,you dont think theres the slightest chance that this ladies somewhat right and my hair will still knot even wit the wax?wuteves, anyone have some good tnr videos for me?im all twisted up so i guess all i need is the rip
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts
yea the method she used on your hair is for afro/kinky textured hair and it really won't do a thing to help your hair dread up. I highly recommend what everybody else said~remove the wax so you can begin the dreading process. It takes time no matter how impatient you are! Wash out the wax while you still can. Try a few baking soda/ACV washes while you wait to get the body splash. The sooner you start wax removal the better. Then you can just leave your hair alone or twist and rip. You will be starting from scratch once the wax is out your twists will not stay together. I respect that it's your hair and your choice but your stylist was pretty misinformed unfortunately. Good Luck and Many Blessings
Tony Goodtime
@tony-goodtime
14 years ago
57 posts
reallly? hmmmmhow do i go about the bakin soda cleaning?
 / 4

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form