Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Hey everyone, my situation.

NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts
add a couple spoonful's of baking soda to a cup of water. I have a lot of hair so I use 1/3 cup BS to 1 gallon of water. Pour it over your head and let it soak in for a while. Rinse out the BS. Followed by a couple spoonfuls of apple cider vinegar in a cup of water. Let that soak for a while on your hair as well then rinse really well. Tony Goodtime said:
reallly? hmmmm
how do i go about the bakin soda cleaning?
cup of water
updated by @naturalwomyn: 07/23/15 03:46:02AM
Tony Goodtime
@tony-goodtime
14 years ago
57 posts
i see, aight thanks alot.ima try and do that, ima like twist it into my hair trying to keep it together as i clean it.even tho i kno it will probly untwist, i guess ima need someone to tnr me up ;(
Tony Goodtime
@tony-goodtime
14 years ago
57 posts
o really? o i thought i could also save the the pattern the salon did with the bakin soda cleaning but if not ill wait to get the body wash. cause i deff dont wanna start over.
Panterra Caraway
@panterra-caraway
14 years ago
667 posts
Dude, you're not getting it...YOU ARE STARTING OVER! You don't have dreads! Why are you willing to believe this lady? Everyone here has dreads! We know what we are talking about. This lady, does she have dreads? How do they look? If she was African American then there is a difference between her hair and yours although wax ruins everyone. Maintaining the sectioning is not mandatory because you don't have dreads! You have waxy strings that to your uneducated eye appear to resemble dreads. You won't have true dreads for a long time because dreads are knots that systematically form! I have been dreading going on three monthes and I am finally seeing progress. The process takes atleast a year...you aren't even close...If you are that impatient maybe dreads aren't for you...and I say that with the utmost respect. You keep worrying about the "dreads" you have unraveling...you don't have dreads. Stop obsessing and get the wax out and begin the process of patience to grow real dreads...or don't. You wanna believe this lady? Well, if so, go talk to her. You are here talking to us and we are trying to help you. Newbies who want to debate and argue cuz they think they have had "dreads" for 5 minutes and know more than the rest of us piss me off. I am not trying to dump on you dude...but this is getting old.
Tony Goodtime
@tony-goodtime
14 years ago
57 posts
l u l zthats exactly what i didnt need. when i 1st stated "so dont hate" this is what i ment,and i am technically starting over if i redo this.im not saying i believe this ladie, im saying what she told me. she did have dreads, and she was black. and she knows that its not possible for me and her to have the same dreads. and as far as im concerned all dreads are "strings" at 1st. at least for the tnr method.so lets not reply with crap i dont need to hear."newbie" we arnt playing video games.i dont see how someones a noob for just begining the dreading process. or even calling someone a newbie bcz they dont know alot about something is preety fucking stupid.thanks.
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts
ok look we really are trying to help you. The thing is we see this very same situation all the time! You don't have to take our advice but you were asking for it. Panterra is a hair stylist with many years of experience and she's growing locks sooo I would listen! But it's your choice. We have nothing to gain from telling you anything we're simply trying to help. What you've really done by going to the salon is a step backwards. To begin dreading you need to remove the wax and T & R(if that's how you choose to start your dreads) which is completely different and will requite removing the twists you have now (which will happen once the wax is out anyway)
Tony Goodtime
@tony-goodtime
14 years ago
57 posts
i kno yall are, but at least your cool about it. i dont need people talking about being newbies and shit when i couldnt give two shits about that.and yeah i can only imagin how many times uv heard this from different people, but im just trying to figure something out. i guess i learned the most i can from here. im probly gonna see if this locks up with wax in, if not ill get the wax out and tnr. well see what happens
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts
ok good luck i hope it works out for you. Tony Goodtime said:
i kno yall are, but at least your cool about it. i dont need people talking about being newbies and shit when i couldnt give two shits about that.
and yeah i can only imagin how many times uv heard this from different people, but im just trying to figure something out. i guess i learned the most i can from here. im probly gonna see if this locks up with wax in, if not ill get the wax out and tnr. well see what happens
Tony Goodtime
@tony-goodtime
14 years ago
57 posts
thanks.
Panterra Caraway
@panterra-caraway
14 years ago
667 posts
And being a newbie, isn't a bad thing. I am a newbie too...differance is, I knew I didn't know shit when I got here and I educated myself to realize that what I was being told by members was true. Read through some discussions...you will see that we have nothing to gain by being honest. I want you to love your dreads! Right now, you are getting upset over something you know little about and you are defending "dreads" that aren't there yet. If you saw real, true dreads not covered with wax you would understand what is being said. Natural Womyn is right, we are all trying to help you...including me. What did you want us to say? Wow! You got dreads that we all know aren't really dreads and they are covered with wax...good job? We don't want you to go on thinking that what you have now is dreads and waste alot of time only to be very disappointed. Getting dreads is an easy, mellow process and what you did is taking a step backwards and we are all sad about that. Don't take anybody's word if you think you know best....but don't be angry when things aren't going as planned. In the 3 monthes I have been here I have heard the exact same situation you are in atleast 200 times! It is a harsh reality to realize you were lied to and ripped off and the excitement you felt was false and the person who gave you "dreads" did you no favors. Be mad...but at the right person...that lady! I hope you do sort this out, I sincerly do. You deserve beautiful dreads....but, I don't deserve you sarcasm. Blessings and peace.

/ 4

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form