Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

i cancelled my kit before it got shipped...tips on homemade dreads???

caitlin jonkel
@caitlin-jonkel
14 years ago
7 posts
i couldn't find this posted anywhere and this is my first post (i'll introduce myself after this, i wanna get this out in the universe), but i know the basics of how to start dreads without a kit. for those of you that have done this the freeform way, what did you find to be helpful? i have long hair, and a brother who is a beekeeper. would this type of beeswax be sufficient? tips would be awesome. i ordered a kit from dreadheadhq, but after wrong addresses and wrong information entered on a website, i got sick of waiting for dreads and fed up with the idea of repaying for shipping and now just wanna do it for real. =)thanks!
updated by @caitlin-jonkel: 02/14/15 06:02:56PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
no wax no wax no wax u do not want any wax none wax destroys dreads not helps them thank god u cancled the kit its ruined thousands of dreads wax is badok nowto dread just wash your hair no conditioning no combing thats alldreads will happen forget the dreadheadhq lies that sites the worse site there isnow if u are not willing to dread naturaly twist and rip just no products none zip nada zero the kits a scam

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
http://www.dreadlockssite.com/page/free-dread-kit there our free dread kitcontents a watch for natural dreads all u need is time and not as much ass u think either long hair dreads real fast naturaly usuialyor..your hands a pinch of sea salt (jonny clean dreadheadhq sells u a bottle and salt for 10 bucks for 2 bucks u can make 385 bottles yourselfan aloe plant 2 bucks maybe a box of baking soda and acv another 2 buckstotal cost of dreads zero maintenance products 4 bucks a month or lesssavings 67 dollarsand your dreads if u used wax theyd be cut in 3 yearswax dreads are gross

--
caitlin jonkel
@caitlin-jonkel
14 years ago
7 posts
you guys are awesome. thank you! the idea of wax scared me anyway.when would the sea salt and aloe come into play? how would i use them?i'm sorry if you have answered this a million times.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
instinctively wax makes no sense but jonny cleans a scam artist extraordinaire and can convince u a felting needle that makers your dread fall off is a good way to fix the pesky problem of dreads dreading..anyway sea salt sprayed on dries the hair gives it texture so it dreads fasterid use it a few hours b4 u washaloe is a conditioner so use when too dry or can use also when u must be tidy it shrinks as it dries so pulls in loose hairs but u should only use it when u really need toit does what wax claims to do but washes right out is good for hair and scalp but like wax if used can slow dreading but if u use it very rarely its benifits outweigh a few extra days dreading time when u need to look the best fir a wedding or formal caitlin jonkel said:
you guys are awesome. thank you! the idea of wax scared me anyway.
when would the sea salt and aloe come into play? how would i use them?
i'm sorry if you have answered this a million times.

--
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts
LOL! What a miracle that you were able to avoid the dread kit scam! wow the universe really works in mysterious ways. Glad you found us. Read the dread guide and you'll find everything you need to know. I'm sorry but "freeform" makes me giggle! It just sounds sooo silly! not disrespecting you at all it just sounds so new agey...I'll call my hair neglect all day long LOL! Anyway welcome to our lil family and I hope you have a beautiful dreading experience. It can be amazingly simple and stress free if you let it! Many Blessings
caitlin jonkel
@caitlin-jonkel
14 years ago
7 posts
thank you. =) i agree on the new-agey soundingness, haha. NaturalWomyn said:
LOL! What a miracle that you were able to avoid the dread kit scam! wow the universe really works in mysterious ways. Glad you found us. Read the dread guide and you'll find everything you need to know. I'm sorry but "freeform" makes me giggle! It just sounds sooo silly! not disrespecting you at all it just sounds so new agey...I'll call my hair neglect all day long LOL! Anyway welcome to our lil family and I hope you have a beautiful dreading experience. It can be amazingly simple and stress free if you let it! Many Blessings
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
haha pc dreads theyre not neglect theyre organic i didnt neglect my hair a freeformedi dont think neglects the greatest term either tho its only natural to call em natural but then alotta salons use natural or even organic for anything thats not glued on plastic

--
Moneybags McGuilicutty
@moneybags-mcguilicutty
14 years ago
33 posts
wash hair twice a week, and don't do anything to your hair, and your hair will naturally dread, look into vegan dreads soaps! oh ya, "welcome"
caitlin jonkel
@caitlin-jonkel
14 years ago
7 posts
awesome. i've got that down. and thanks :) Moneybags McGuilicutty said:
wash hair twice a week, and don't do anything to your hair, and your hair will naturally dread, look into vegan dreads soaps! oh ya, "welcome"
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form