Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

is there even 1 loctician in the world that dont destroy dreads?

neil coe
@neil-coe
14 years ago
361 posts
well thats pretty stand up of the guy to allow them to visit the site first : ) Iain said:
nah it's all good, Alden in particular stresses that, he was one of our first members and has had crocheted locks and restarted more naturally so he knows firsthand, plus tells people to read about other people's personal experiences on this site be4 deciding what they want, then follows through with their decision, which is really how it should be.

so in a way, I think we're both on the same page.

updated by @neil-coe: 07/23/15 04:27:44PM
Jennifer Tiernan
@jennifer-tiernan-bindler
12 years ago
5 posts

What did Amy Say? I would like to know. it looks as if whatever she wrote has been deleted or maybe I am mistaken?

Raging Roots Amy said:

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

dunno no want deleted shes 1 of the better ones that refuses to do some of the most harmful methods

there was a short period where pp using chrome often left blank messages but that was fixed

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Aya Heartright
@aya-heartright
12 years ago
91 posts

I have a good friend who's alocticianwho I have seen a few times. She doesn't suggest wax, do interlocking, and tells you to wash your dreads at least twice a week in the beginning. She does do light crocheting if you want but mostly she helps you maintain sections by cutting and/or puling out canabalistic hairs. To start dreads she mostly just backcombs and lets the person decide if they want crochet or not. I think she started promoting tnr though now after we started hanging out and she fell in love with my dreadies.

She either charges $20 an hour or works on a bartering system so I wouldn't say she rips anyone off.

She works out of her home though... I wouldn't think you would find a good locitician in a salon.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

ere are a couple worthy of respect..not many though

but you should try to talk to her about at least requirin g them to know how damaging crochet is before offering it

like make them sign a waver stating "i understand that crochet is extremely damaging to dreadlocks and delays progress by 6 months or more, but wish to have it done anyway"

3 years ago i offered to create a listing of certified organic locticians they would still be able to offer crochet if they handed oit printed materials about why its harmful and/or got a signed waiver stating they understood he harm it caused.

yoiur freind couldbe 1st and only to make the list if shes willing to do that

--
Aya Heartright
@aya-heartright
12 years ago
91 posts

Lol. I'm seeing her on sunday I will ask.

I'm a minority here where I think that crocheting isn't THAT bad done rarely. I have one dread that I had her make out of curiosity that is 100% crocheted. It looks fucking retarded but it's actually my 2nd fav dread, following my one that's completely organic after day 1 of tnr.

But (and this is a big but) I've only had a few of my dreads crocheted once and they were already about 6 or 7 months old.I'll try anything non lethal once except meth, and dread wax.

I've also had some extensions crocheted in but that's a one time deal also. If a person is doing itregularlyI can see how that is very bad.

I see crocheting the same way I see alcohol. It's not that bad in moderation but it's best to not partake in it at all.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

like alcahol it becomes addicting and.. nesacary the damage it causes makes you need to do it more and more

i love that u compare meth and dread wax ..the 2 worse things u can do? so is crochet like heroin?

--

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form