Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Salon dread Pictures

Will Gibbs
@will-gibbs
14 years ago
35 posts
can anyone tell me what salon dreads look like? or is there any pictures out there???Would Salon dreads be good for short hair...like 2 inches???Please dont tell me how bad they are, i have heard it all, but some advice is needed. i want to see what they look like for myself?
updated by @will-gibbs: 01/13/15 08:38:33PM
Island Mamma
@island-mamma
14 years ago
530 posts
Some of those are just dreadful, pardon the pun ;)Seriously...ew. Knottysleeves said:
It depends how they were done... backcombing, dread perm, crocheting, etc. "Salon dreads" isn't a method, it just means you had them done at a salon.

For example, here's a gallery of dreads done by "experts" in Toronto. They wrap the roots with thread (a no-no) and do very strict grid-like sectioning and stuff. Look how ridiculously tight to the scalp these are... they look really painful. Is that something you'd want to pay hundreds of dollars for?
http://www.knotjustdreads.com/gallery.php?cat=8

If your hair is really short, you'll need to wait for it to grow a bit. Think about it... if you only have two or three inches of hair, what can a hairdresser (or anyone else) possibly do to "give you dreads"? That's not even long enough to attach synthetic dreads.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
look at yoshi hereand mommajojo well her original picsa before she had ti remove a waxy mess and let them go naturalwhy are u still asking about salon dreads when u already know its the worse3 mistake u can makewhy arent u asking about better options?ik here u go short hair salon dreads

long waxy salon dreads

both cost hundreds of dollarsneither 1 would ever become dreads without starting over (well yoshi probly will dread but he'll have to let iot grow out and cut off the destroyed salon mess)why the hell would u still concider salon dreads?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Will Gibbs
@will-gibbs
14 years ago
35 posts
okay, so salon dreads are crap!But can i ask the hairdresser to backcomb them for me? or is that still crap if they do it? Cause i dont wanna do it myself and ruin them!Or what is the best method, for a hairdresser to do???? I want dreads ASAP, cause i hair is really ugly in the process of letting it grow.......A white dudes afro/curly/frizzy hair is the worst!
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
but that is the best for dreading!! you wanbt dreads fast and u hasve the best hair for drewadingf dast and u still complain?backcombing would look goofy twist and ripsa betterbut u should do it yourselfyour scared to scrww it up but your wulling to waste money and risk having someone else screw it up?what makes u think theyd do a better job?because you pay them?sit down watcgh the twist n rip vids read up on ot and do 1 now its so easy your gonna kick yourself for ever thinking of wasting mopney dreadingnow if u really think u should go to a salon u better be damn sure u know what they will do and insist they do it exactly the way u say no products no rools just t7r or just backcomb nothing elsebut i realllly think u should do it yourselfhell give us 1% of the monet yud waste on a salon and we'll talk i through ot every step of the way and your dreads will be way better then u will get at a salon william said:
okay, so salon dreads are crap!

But can i ask the hairdresser to backcomb them for me? or is that still crap if they do it? Cause i dont wanna do it myself and ruin them!

Or what is the best method, for a hairdresser to do???? I want dreads ASAP, cause i hair is really ugly in the process of letting it grow.......A white dudes afro/curly/frizzy hair is the worst!

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Nicole
@nicole
14 years ago
125 posts
I had mine crocheted. I took them all out 9 days, $200 dollars later. :/. Take it from me, DONT do it.

updated by @nicole: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form