Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Rubber bands/TnR/Neglect

Aaron"TheLegend"
@aaronthelegend
14 years ago
283 posts
Alright so i started with TnR but they soon came all undone and went to straight hair again, besides like....8. Well Now I put some rubber bands in me head to keep some crazy sections (grabbed random places idc about thickness or whatever). I might take them out in the next 6 days or so and let's see how they come out. Hopefully the sectioning will stay, but I'm afraid they will just go Pin straight again. The only place that's actually clumping together is behind my head near my neck line since that's the curliest hair I have.What do you guys think?
updated by @aaronthelegend: 02/14/15 12:47:48PM
Nicole
@nicole
14 years ago
125 posts
How long was the TnR in?I would guess that the knots would start at the nape in your neck, thats where my hair tangles the fastest too..
JESSICA EVA (Eva Lovelocks)
@jessica-eva-eva-lovelocks
14 years ago
217 posts
are you sure you did the tnr right? i can't really see how they would really unravel more than just a little bit.
Nicole
@nicole
14 years ago
125 posts
Thats my thought too. We just did my daughters. She has straight, thick hair that wont even hold a curl and hers are holding just fine. Its been 3 days now and they have barely loosened and she washed them. Maybe try the TnR again? JESSICA EVA said:
are you sure you did the tnr right? i can't really see how they would really unravel more than just a little bit.
JESSICA EVA (Eva Lovelocks)
@jessica-eva-eva-lovelocks
14 years ago
217 posts
i think people misunderstand the tnr a lot of the time.not saying that you DID aaron, just people in general.
Aaron"TheLegend"
@aaronthelegend
14 years ago
283 posts
ha ha yeah it's straight. But Umm I twirled my hair a little bit and pulled down and just kept doing that, some of them are knotted up REALLLL nice, but some just came undone. But that's partially my own fault because I got mad lazy and stop half way. Thus the reason for the rubber bands so I can TnR areas easier and Bloody hell it's working. But when I TnR my hair turns into like....a fro kinda ha ha.
Aaron"TheLegend"
@aaronthelegend
14 years ago
283 posts
And they were in for about......4 days, they just all came done. It's been like a week since I did them and the back of my head was straight, but the sectioning helped. So now I'm just leaving these things in for a minute. It's working the hair is tangling.
Sean Taylor
@sean-taylor
14 years ago
4 posts
I have to agree with jessica and nicole on this one... Take a look at my day one pics and see if yours looked like that when you were done, mine havent lost any dreading and i'm hitting 2 months on wednesday.But this is not how my dreads looked when I have friends attempt to TnR the first time (they did more of a TnR and braid hybrid[the knots were more or less loops of hair, i really need to upload pics of this bore attempt]) so I came back and redid mine myself.I found a few small pulls with a good one to make sure everything gets down as far as it could go works best before twisting a bit again. I don't think mine have a braided look like most people think come with TnR.Goodluck
Aaron"TheLegend"
@aaronthelegend
14 years ago
283 posts
That's exactly what I do, small ones followed but a big one. But like I said I got lazy about....75% of the way. This time I'm putting more work into them so they are coming out better and the rubber bands are helping a lot. They are knotting together now. Sean Taylor said:
I have to agree with jessica and nicole on this one... Take a look at my day one pics and see if yours looked like that when you were done, mine havent lost any dreading and i'm hitting 2 months on wednesday.

But this is not how my dreads looked when I have friends attempt to TnR the first time (they did more of a TnR and braid hybrid[the knots were more or less loops of hair, i really need to upload pics of this bore attempt]) so I came back and redid mine myself.

I found a few small pulls with a good one to make sure everything gets down as far as it could go works best before twisting a bit again. I don't think mine have a braided look like most people think come with TnR.

Goodluck
Faelwynn
@faelwynn
14 years ago
362 posts
Take the rubber bands out a.s.a.p. they will do nothing but damage the hair and possibly melt. I had a fair amount of my t&r fall out, but never completely. Sounds like you may not have t&r'd enough knots in for them to hold. But the rubber bands aren't going to do you any good. Your hair still seems pretty short, and possibly curly which may be why the t&r isn't holding so well (the length that is). Again, take a look at day one of my timeline and you may get some feel for what t&r looks like (remember, none of mine completely fell out...just loosened at the tips so I have lots of wispy tips).
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form