Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Frustrated...

Knotty John
@knotty-john
14 years ago
78 posts
I don't mind losing some length to be honest lol, I'm not used to having hair in my eyes. I want to try backcombing because it's the only route I haven't tried. Plus so far the people I've talked to that have dreads got them through backcombing and they look pretty sweet. No offense to everyone else of course.

Alden said:
yeah, I agree with Jake, especially if toy hair is 6 inches. Backcombing will really shorten your hair, but twist and rip will let you keep most of your length.

updated by @knotty-john: 07/13/15 11:48:27AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
u diluting the bronners enough?how longs the hair now is it oilywool hats sea salt help a ton

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Knotty John
@knotty-john
14 years ago
78 posts
Yea I'll admit that's problem, but I thought that I would at least see more progress since I have curly hair.

GoldenEagle said:
Your problem is your impatience, not your hair.
Knotty John
@knotty-john
14 years ago
78 posts
I pat my had sometimes to feel if there are any lumps forming every now and then but I don't run my fingers through my hair. It gets kind of oily by the 4th day but other than that I think that's normal. I've been pretty much neglecting since I decided to let my hair grow out. and it's been 10 months. Yea I feel for because after I wash my hair every four days and by that last day it's a mess so I can't really see anyhing but hair going everywhere.

soaringeagle said:
are u running fingers through is it oily? how longs it been?ive heard ppl after just 4 days wondering why they werent locking upstop looking for progresss stop looking all togetherevery 2 weeks ..feel for progress
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
real curly hair might be easier to feel progress then see itdo u feel clumps forming?

--
Knotty John
@knotty-john
14 years ago
78 posts
It's just that the people that I've seen backcomb their dreads turned out looking pretty good, of course without wax I mean.

Alex Angam said:
Patience is a virtue. All you need to know is in time it will happen, the more you try to force it the more you will find flaws. You just need to let it grow and embrace it as part of you.
Knotty John
@knotty-john
14 years ago
78 posts
I tried the sea salt spray but i heard it's better to use non iodized and I used the iodized so I still have to do that. I definitely wish I lived by the ocean but I guess the sea salt spray wil have to do. I'm thinking i might give it a couple more months before I actually backcomb or I might backcomb a few and see how they turn out compared to the negelct locs.Thanks for the advice!

Cavewoman said:
i agree, it's hard. maybe if you're having issues and you haven't already tried them: thyme tea, sea salt spray, peppermint oil. I've heard these all help really well with encouraging knotting. The only one I've actually tried is the sea salt, actually went to the beach yesterday and definitely would suggest that over spraying but still haha.but if these haven't worked and you really can't wait, I condone tnr as well. backcombing gunna come out and then you're gunna have the same feelings. really though, you don't wanna mess with your hair too much ya know? dreading's a natural thing, but like all things in nature, take time.I'm sure when so many trees were planted their owners wanted them ti be big and beautiful right away, but we have to let them do their own thing and be patient =]good luck!
Knotty John
@knotty-john
14 years ago
78 posts
Sweet congrats on your progress. So far I just have the same old coils I have always had. Looks like a perm but only natural lol.

Island Mamma said:
I have been dreading since late March, my little locklings are still not "dreads". My hair has separated and is knotting but it's slow and thats okay.I have a few dreads but most of my hair is in baby lock stage still.I don't expect any real changes until around a year at this pace, if it happens earlier cool, if it happens later, cool.Patience method takes just that, patience.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
i would t&r not backcomb!but yea go to the grocery store get some sea saltuse it a week ot 2 and see

--
Knotty John
@knotty-john
14 years ago
78 posts
Yea I wish that were the problem but I haven used conditioner in about 5 months. Maybe I'll just do a couple twist and rip a couple backcombed and the rest I'll keep neglecting. That way I'll see which are progressing more.

JahWillProvide said:
stop using conditioner if you havent already but the keys to growing beautiful locks in any case is patience you MUST be patientthey wont lock up overnight, for now i think you should just let your hair grow more.and i would reccomend t&r over backcombing its wayyy more easier, less painful and they knott together better

/ 4

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form