Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Visited a loctician....

Shanti
@shanti
14 years ago
5 posts
Hey fam, so I decided to visit a local loctician to see if she could help me a little bit with my natural locking process which has been going on for about three weeks. She works out of her home and is a very charismatic individual (she's been working on locs for 12 years). When I got to her place she was a little surprised because she was expecting African hair (I'm Indian, with wavy hair). She basically outlined two methods for me which I had never heard of:

1) Use kinky hair imported from Mecca to facilitate the shaping of my locks, along with what I think is a double-strand twist method. I would need to come back every month for maintenance and shampooing.

2) Something called "kinetics" where she would use aloe vera and perform circular motions in my hair to get it to kink up, and after a few months it would be ready for locking.

Now I know I'm probably not the sharpest tool in the shed, but has anybody ever heard of these methods? She seems really knowledgable but I just can't help but a feel a little... odd...
updated by @shanti: 02/14/15 09:05:29AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
no salon or loctitions worth going tothe methods shes describing are for adfrican hair and the 1st 1 is alot like a weave adding fake hairwhy the hell would u mess up your natural locks after just 2 weeks....huge mistake..be partient

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Shanti
@shanti
14 years ago
5 posts
Yeah, I figured as much.... after that experience I am that much more committed to the natural method, so I guess in a way it did me some good :) soaringeagle said:
no salon or loctitions worth going to
the methods shes describing are for adfrican hair and the 1st 1 is alot like a weave adding fake hair

why the hell would u mess up your natural locks after just 2 weeks....huge mistake..be partient
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
at least u didnt spend hundreds of dollars b4 realizing the mistake Shanti said:
Yeah, I figured as much.... after that experience I am that much more committed to the natural method, so I guess in a way it did me some good :)

soaringeagle said:
no salon or loctitions worth going to
the methods shes describing are for adfrican hair and the 1st 1 is alot like a weave adding fake hair

why the hell would u mess up your natural locks after just 2 weeks....huge mistake..be partient

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
yea make sure they know how to mess up your hair type as much as possibleif they all create disasters wouldnt it be better to suggest never letting anyone professional mess with your hair no matter what hair type theyre used to causing a disaster in? rastavanny said:
i agree with knottysleeves, if you have someone work on your hair, make sure they are experienced in YOUR hair type.

--
Pamella
@pamella
14 years ago
31 posts
I believe the aloe vera is good...natural...and you can do this at home yourself...your hair will dread all on its own though..I am proof! My hair is very fine hair and was so fine I couldnt ever hold a curl or anything...Just some food for thought..Your hair will dread on its own..It is more of a journey than anything and your lock will have their "days" like we do...lol..I hope this helps reassure that your hair will lock up for you :)
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
aloes ok but not for daily or weekly use, its noy needed but if used occassionaly its harmless and good for hairoften its overused tho

--
Pamella
@pamella
14 years ago
31 posts
:) soaringeagle said:
aloes ok but not for daily or weekly use, its noy needed but if used occassionaly its harmless and good for hair

often its overused tho
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
i was in the hospitol a couple years back, a cute nurse came in and says "wow i love your dreads, you wanna know why? cause theyre real! i used to be a hairdresser and i was forced to make many peoples dreads and always felt so sorry for them cause of the mess we masde, no hairdresser knows how to do dreads right, but our boss made us follow theyre procedures which never worked out right, and actualy thats why iu stopped being a hairdresser and went back to school for nursing"i had alot of respect for her after that too actualy changing carreers cause she was tired of messing ip ppls dreads

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
no? no what? no it wont be better to avoid disasters? so you really think its a good idea to create a disaster on your head?explains alopt actualy..why do u recomend salons when even salons dont recomend salons rastavanny said:
no

soaringeagle said:
yea make sure they know how to mess up your hair type as much as possible

if they all create disasters wouldnt it be better to suggest never letting anyone professional mess with your hair no matter what hair type theyre used to causing a disaster in?

rastavanny said:
i agree with knottysleeves, if you have someone work on your hair, make sure they are experienced in YOUR hair type.

--
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form