Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

interlocking dreadlocks causes dreads to fall off

Lindsay Millan
@lindsay-millan
14 years ago
7 posts
Great! That would help.I have not got a hat type of head...in fact, i look downright silly. so i will have to be ingenuitive... :) Anubis said:
By ripping he means separating them so they don't combine. Over any kind of maintenance I'd recommend wearing a wrap or tam. It can be done in a way that looks very professional. I will post some pics if I can find some of what I'm talking about.

updated by @lindsay-millan: 07/09/15 06:03:57AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
most yes but after u wash u will be a lil fuzzy when really clean..although u notice it way more then anyone cause u look at your dreads much closer then anyone else doesin my pics do u dsee any loose hairs? no but if u look close4 especialt right after washing they have em all overwearring a wool hat helps alot Lindsay Millan said:
point taken...

alright. maintenance out the window, then. aloe and separation it is. i love my aloe plant too...

it makes sense, if you think about it. all the loose hairs that break will come out of the dread, and then you have to work to get them back in, when all you really need to do is be patient.

they eventually go in, yah?

soaringeagle said:
seperating ripping aka popping just means seperating dreads that try combining at the roots
ojn right theres a link ripping/piopping to seperate to prevent congos

the thi8ng abiout crochet is your breaking hairs everytime u do it these hairs then find theyre way our needing to be crocheted back in..year after year your still repairing the damage your doing buy crochet.. your making a low maintenanvce style into a very huigh maintenance one..ive hear d of people crochetting 15 hiurs a week every week even afyer 7 years ..and theyre dreads must be very weak by then

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Spider Feet
@spider-feet
14 years ago
458 posts
lol, well the dhhq site has some good examples of wrap styles.... http://www.dreadheadhq.com/item--DreadHead-Dread-Wrap--wrap.html Wow, I just linked to them without stating how gross..wax...is...okay nevermind. XD
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
i feel dirty i clicked the link

--
Iain
@iain
14 years ago
844 posts
lmao :PI didn't/gloatjust kidding, but yeah you'll have to separate them as they grow, don't remember when I first noticed them doing it but you'll definitely begin to notice when it occurs as time goes by.
Sam2
@sam2
14 years ago
8 posts
My response to this is really Y'all, first in foremost there is no right or wrong way to dread your hair from free form to interlocked, each person must choose the method that works best for their hair. To say that only one method is acceptable is ridiculous and will leave many people who want to dread their hair out when that method doesnt work for them. Dreads are by definition a natural hair style unless you're using extensions in which case you'd be adding hair or yarn and that would technically take them out of the realm of natural. I have interlocked dreads so I appear to be the only person on this forum that can speak from experience of having a full head of interlocked dreads and I did them myself so I know how the technique works and what to do and not to do. No matter what way you choose to loc your hair there is an art form about it and it takes work and knowing what you are doing. I would never advise anyone to just go home after seeing something done and try it in their head, that is crazy and leaves room for you to really mess up your hair. You wouldnt go home and bleach your hair without any kind of instruction so why then would you try to loc it. I wish that I could say that it is easy to interlock but it is not it takes patience and you have to work much harder and longer then with any other method; that being said the result is beautiful and a labor of love that if you do yourself is all the more so. I encourage everyone to look into the two most popular companies that do them which are Sisterlocks and Nappylocs both are very good and while they are similar are not exactly the same. Furthermore so that everyone knows, interlocking dreads are not new, nor unnatural, they have been done by different tribes in Africa for the longest time. In fact that very reason is partially why Sisterlocks lost their lawsuit against Nappylocs as the judge informed the sisterlocks creator that she hadnt indeed created the technique, just made it popular. Therefore, to state that somehow interlocked dreads are unnatural couldn't be further from the truth as a bush tribe in Africa doesn't get much more natural. You are all entitled to your own beliefs but condemning a locking method when you haven't sit down with a experienced consultant in said method and asked questions seen his/her work and educated yourself is not cool and you do people a disservice when they come on this site expecting accurate information that to the best of their knowledge has a sound basis behind it and they end up getting opinion and ones that are derived from hearsay and horror stories of locs gone wrong at that. It is fine to say that you don't llike the look of interlocked dreads but it's something else to spout your opinion as fact and try to scare people and make them think they are doing something wrong by trying this method.Thanks soaringeagle said:
well said.. and it only takes 1 bit of bad advice among thousands of good advice to screw things up for someone

if 900 ppl say its a bad idea and only 1 thinks its a good idea maybe that 1 should just do it quietl;y and find out for themselves but to insist its ok despite the fact that everyone else says its not is just goiunmg to harm somneone else who beliecves u

like i said before your free to screw uop your own hair just dont screw up others
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
umm in all due respect.. you have 6 months experience interlockingthats nothing!!come back in 3-5 years when your dreads are lying in the floor

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
umm your "cosultant" is just someone who wants your monetythats all thats what makes thenm expertsit does not make thewyre info more true in fact less truewe all of us im sure have heard horror stories of interlocked dreads falling off or have seen it in persontill want your money?nowould your consultant tell you theyre work will harm you if they still want your money?

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
haha mt post got garbled dunno what happened

--
Sam2
@sam2
14 years ago
8 posts
Oh sorry I have had my locs in for 6mos, but I've done other peoples many times I just didnt want them in my head so I didnt do them, furthermore I belong to all kinds of online groups for women that have them from baby stages to many many years and wow you know none of them ever talk of breakage or their locs falling off I wonder why? I would think if they had gone bald or had their hair fall out they'd worn us. I'll make sure I ask the girls, next time I'm on the forum. soaringeagle said:
umm in all due respect.. you have 6 months experience interlocking
thats nothing!!
come back in 3-5 years when your dreads are lying in the floor

/ 6

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form