Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Question on Created Sectioning

Raven's Light
@ravens-light
7 years ago
346 posts

(Preface: If this is in the wrong section of the forum please let me know where it should be posted and feel free to move it there) I have a question on sectioning dreads. My dreads were originally made by going to a loctician (yes I know that was a mistake and one I do and still reget), is it possible for the defined section lines on my scalp to eventually get covered up without having to combine many of my dreads (as this would lead to them being too thick for my comfort, as I enjoy the thickness they are now.) or am I stuck with these section lines on my head? (Which would be a shame, because I don't wear my hair back unless I have to because it feels weird to me to see the section lines)

updated by @ravens-light: 12/11/17 08:30:59AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
29,640 posts

they will disappear as dreads grow together and need separating  you'll get loose hairs filliung the gaps that later become baby dreads

what method was used interlocking might take the longest

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Raven's Light
@ravens-light
7 years ago
346 posts

Interlocking with the starting method of my dreads and they were foolishly maintained that way until about the 6 or 7th-month mark, how it's 4 years and 7 months later as of today. So am I looking at another year of having the section lines on my head or longer? Would there be any way to speed up getting rid of the section lines?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
29,640 posts

id think they would start to disappear soon  but you say its been over 4 years since you interlocked/ and the lines are still there? thats scary

maybe if you use the dls bars try the liquid awhile so they start to congo and need separating 

--
Raven's Light
@ravens-light
7 years ago
346 posts

Well, the lines aren't still fully there, it's more like I can still sort of see the sectioning if I move my dreads, like if I am tying them back. While I am sure dls bars are great, I use dr bronners because it's easier for me to get. I use it with a bit of salt added to it, which should do the same as the dls liquid I would think. So I guess I just need to keep going and wash and separate them as needed. slowly but surely the sectioning on the center of my head does seem to be shrinking. I know that because that is also kind of the natural way my hair parts, that particular line may not fully disappear, but hopefully, it does.

So is it possible that it'd be closer to about maybe 6 more months or so before the lines are fully gone rather than about another year? (I know there isn't any real way to know for sure).

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
29,640 posts

how much do u have to separate

--
Raven's Light
@ravens-light
7 years ago
346 posts

I separate on an infrequent basis, sometimes it's after my weekly wash, other times it's maybe once in any given month.

updated by @ravens-light: 12/12/17 03:34:15PM
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form